Where 2 buy Apple Stock in UK?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by timmillwood, Oct 19, 2006.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

Over the last few years i have seen Apple stock prices go up and up.

So before it goes up anymore with iTV, iPhone and more iPod / Mac sales i would like to buy one or 2 shares.

I am in UK and never even looked into stock / shares, hope someone can help?

Where, and How do i do it?

2. derboy macrumors regular

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Buying one or two shares is almost never economical. Once you account for the commissions you have to pay while buying and selling, the stock has to perform phenomenally well in order for you to even break even. If you can't invest somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000/£500 in a stock, it's probably not worth it.

4. xcalibur macrumors member

You need to sign up for an invesment account that allows you to trade US shares. Your bank should have a brokerage arm that does it but traditionally online sites will offer you lower rates. For example, I use HSBC and pay $29.95 a trade. I'm sure the site mentioned above will charge less. Buying the shares once you have an account is easy. The troublesome part is the beginning where you have to fill up some complicated forms :(

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Just knowing that you own a couple of shares of Apple stock though is worth it to me. Not financially as you point out, but I would get great pride from owning a small slice of the pie. :D :)

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I use them, too. Good outfit, £10 a trade.