Where all the servers!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by OwlsAndApples, Dec 12, 2006.

1. OwlsAndApples macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

Me and my friend both have CoD + UO (Call of duty with expansion), mine on a macintel, his a pc. We both run version 1.51 (to be precise I think mine is 1.51c), so why does he get so many more servers than me? This is meant to be cross-platform...some servers show up on both (we have played against each other) but I only get about 20 servers max with people in a night! He gets loads more, something is definitely going on here...

2. OwlsAndApples thread starter macrumors 6502a

OwlsAndApples

I have some new info so I'm going to bump this (I also apologise for the typo in the headline):

Mac COD:UO (1.51c) can access loads of servers, but for some reason hardly any of them appear in the game's built-in browser. Instead, by going to http://www.game-monitor.com/ and then entering the IP and port into the console, I can access almost all. But this just sidesteps the problem, is there any reason they don't appear on mac, yet they do for my windowsy friends?

And, is there an external games server browser for mac, because I think there is for Windows, it would make life a lot easier?

For those who aren't yet at Christmas day, Karma points are on offer!

Mappy Chrismukka all!