Where and what Inks

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Artful Dodger, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hello to all,
    Okay it's time to buy ink for my Canon i960 printer and while the ink cost is around $10-11.00 per tank from Office Depot and such like stores, a friend sent me a link for supermediastore.com with their ink cost. It's all 6 tanks for $38-39.00. Yeah sounds to good to be true but are there any "ink" dealers that can give a better price than places like Office Depot that any members here have had great luck with?
    I don't want to destroy my printer (I love this printer) with "Crap" ink since I print alot of photos from it.
    Thank you for replys ahead of time :)

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I buy packages from BJ's Wholesale Club with Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and two Black Canon cartridges for about $45.00. Also, if you buy from Staples, they discount the ink but I usually go there to buy my Red, Green, Photo Cyan, and Photo Magenta. Buying two at a time brings them to $11.25 each, four will cost $11.00 each. Adorama.com, JandR.com, and Amazon.com have other deals but you won't get the best price on all of the cartridges at the same place.

3. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Thanks, I didn't even think of BJ'S and there is one 5 mins. from me so I'll check them out. I just got back from Target and didn't have my wallet on me :rolleyes: they have Canon ink marked down $10.24 each so either way I'll be getting some today and can resume printing :D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Staples just made a liar of me today. I ran out of ink while printing some photo orders and I went there and bought a Photo Cyan and a Photo Magenta cartridge and they were $12.27 each.

I'll have to check their online store. They have free shipping with most orders of $50 or more and just shipped some stuff that I couldn't get into my car.

5. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I went to Office Depot before going to Target and they would only give a price break if you buy two or more of the same color. I like to print but not for $98.00 worth of ink at one shot :eek: Any way Target only had one of the colors left (always could use more black I guess) :rolleyes:

6. iGary Guest

iGary

The GENUINE Canon tanks can be had as a kit at B and H Photo and Video for around $60.00

I would not recommend using the third-party rips that are out there, especiall if you do photography.