iPad mini Where are all the 16GB white versions?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by joshwithachance, Nov 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

I really like my black/slate iPad mini, but there's something about the white one that has me desiring one pretty bad! I have until 1/24/13 to return my current black one to Target, but finding a 16GB white version is SO hard. I've tried for like a whole week using the online reservation at 10PM, and they never have the 16GB white one! I hope the stock picks up soon :/

2. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

The 16gb white is by far the biggest seller. Good luck!!

3. macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

I was set on black and best buy only had one 16 wifi that was white so I snagged it.

Now I'm glad I did it looks much different and more unique then other 7" tablets

Plus I already have a black iPhone 5.

That chamfered edge shine when the light hits it at the right angle against the raw aluminum look :cool:

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

I called my local Best Buy earlier today, and they only had the 64GB version :(

5. thadoggfather, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

Yeah it took me a few tries to get a 16 period.

Most stores had none or 64's

Can't see how people are willing to pay double the base mini price for 64 LTE that's highway robbery

in its full white glory on MR:
    [​IMG]

in contrast to my trustworthy jailbroken 3:
    [​IMG]

These don't even do it justice

(getting that same Moko case in mini in the mail in a few days, its fantastic and better than the roocase I ordered. I think I will still use mini mostly naked but it'll be nice to have a travel case/stand)

6. macrumors 6502

I noticed that too! I had noticed something gleaming on my iPad from a cross the room, then I realized it was the light hitting the chamfered edge! :cool::cool:

7. macrumors 6502

Got my white 16gb AT&T Tuesday :) Visiting Maryland for the holidays and they had them in stock at the Annapolis mall Monday night. Couldn't find one anywhere in Atlanta!

8. macrumors member

I have one on order from Apple.

I ordered one from Apple on 11/11 and its being delivered on 11/26. It's for my wife. She can't keep her hands off my black one. #

9. macrumors 65816

Damn the white docs look good. I have the white ip5 so settling for an black mini was ok with me.

10. macrumors 603

nfl46

Same here, OP.

I returned my black Mini to Target yesterday and picked up a N7. I'm going to use it until the white 16GB WiFi are available in stores.

11. macrumors regular

My wife can't keep her hands off of my white one. :D Its a 32gb white from BB that will go back in a few weeks.

See if you have any of those "pretend" (authorized) apple stores in your area. They let me put my name on a list and I picked up 3 white 16s. 15 day return policy if unopened.

12. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Good question. I ordered a couple and its not being delivered intil mid Dec. I did locate a couple at a nearby BestBuy last night but unfortunately BestBuy is closed today and I am not waiting in a Black friday line for it. Had they been open today, I would have been there before their door opened.

13. macrumors 65816

Knowimagination

I really wanted 32GB white but everywhere was sold out and I stumbled upon a new shipment of 16GB at best buy so I grabbed one to take on my holiday travels. I am not sure if I can make 16GB work but I am going to try it out for a while.

14. macrumors 6502

Target has them on their website available to ship.

15. macrumors 6502a

Can you please post a photo of the back of a white iPad mini with LTE!

16. macrumors 68040

thadoggfather

seems a lot of people in this thread had luck with best buy, myself included. seems my store only had random white ones in store, mostly cellular.

When i got my 16 wifi white the guy over the phone said inventory said they had one 1 left, put me on hold for a while, said he rifled through them to find the last one (wasn't expecting to hear good news, 1 in system usually means none and not updated recent enough), I went to go pick it up and looked at the back of the box before buying and it says W-Sprint :(

This was about 20 minutes or so after calling, didn't want to waste any time. cashier went to the backroom for like 5 minutes, and I was expecting no box to be in her hand, but alas, it is mine!

Originally was opting for black, but black iPad and black iPhone, its a nice change with this mini. I'm not regretting it so far, especially next to a family member's mini in black. Seems sort of, boring.

That $50 off 100+ AmEx halo4 promo really really sealed the deal for me. Don't think I'd find a better price on a base mini :)

Reminds me of going to an Apple Store on a whim on a Saturday morning right before opening when iPad2 was still hard to get and like a month out of launch, one guy in front of me requesting a "reserve ticket" but they "only had" a 16 black wifi in stock and the guy in front of me was set on white. I was ecstatic to have an iPad2 period but especially in the color I wanted

17. macrumors 603

nfl46

Apple Stores may have some tomorrow. Hopefully Apple was thinking smart and was able to fill some stores up tomorrow since most people will be shopping.

18. macrumors regular

Does Target have a 90 day return window?

19. macrumors 68040

I had this same trouble and then got lucky this week.

20. bpbatch, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014

macrumors member

••this post has been deleted by the author***

21. macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Just a tip for those looking for white in 16gb. Many college bookstores have these in stock and most don't require you to be a student. I picked mine up at a local college book store with no issues, and its been years since I attended college elsewhere. According to the retailers I have talked to White 16gb is the hottest SKU.

22. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Maybe once people find out that the slate one isn't prone to scuffing (from the reviews I've read) it will become more popular.

23. macrumors 68000

Medic311

it's rather ugly actually. the LTE antenna bar is an opaque white i guess in an attempt to match the white/silver color scheme. problem is, it looks cheap

it was the way the back looked that turned me off the white/silver model

24. macrumors 6502a

I was afraid of that.

Do you have a photo?

Cuz Apple only has the black model with LTE back pictures. Not a single white one.

25. macrumors newbie

Keep the black one.

I've been through 4 iPad mini.
    The first one I bought on launch day Black 64gb but returned it because I need money to fix my car.
    The second one I bought at Target Black 64gb with gray cover and returned to get the White 64gb with red cover. It's doesn't look as good as my friend black one with red cover on.
    So I returned the white one and go to AT&T to get a Black 64gb with 4G. They don't have the 64gb there, only the 16gb white and black. So I was about to leave but the guy said if I let him order me one he would give me a hundred dollars off, I don't have to activate it and sign 2 years contract. I was ecstatic. You guys should try it at AT&T store.