Where are all the rumors?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacVault, Feb 16, 2004.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Seems like very little rumor/news activity lately. MacOSRumors seems to be offline, and not much on Macrumors.com.

Just curious

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

here is a rumor for you

new power macs, new imacs, new pb, ibox, and the projector. When to expect all of these, hopefully during this lifetime. Really, they are making it the YEAR of the mac, they even skipped its birthday. It is so hard to tell when they will all be out or if they do come out, just have to wait till you hear they are in the supply chain.

3. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I think Apple's trying to avoid the whole G5 and Rev A 17" PB waiting game. They announced both products months before they were available, and had a lot of irate customers. I think they should stick to announcing products the day they are available.

I have a feeling we'll see some awesome stuff in the coming months. Patience, Luke... ;)

EDIT: Spelling.

4. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Re: Where are all the rumors?

I was wondering the same thing. There doesn't seem to be any activity from MacRumors. I suppose arn is too busy to post anything for us rumor hounds. Even Macbytes it being neglected more. Is there less rumors? Or less rumors being posted? That is the question...

5. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

The buzz around the innovation of the 970FX (especially when compared to the less-than-spectacular Prescott) is definitely exciting. It also portends of good things to come.

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

lol. :D fancy someone called 'MacVault' asking where all the rumors have gone? :p

well, i think Apple has put all the rumors in their own MacVault. :D :p

he he. this place is still good for a late night laugh.

7. Doraemon macrumors 6502

What I find unfortunate is that lately we seldom get to learn the codenames of the products.

8. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Hmm... we see more "news" than "rumors" on Arn's frontpage at the moment.

Are we in for "MacNews.com" ?

(MacNews.com gets you to MacMinute.com now)

Less rumors, less speculations.... wonder why?
    One word: IBM (read: G5).

No more anxiously speculating if/when Moto was ever coming round with the goods....

I bet the wait for the G5 was the most rumor-hungry time in history for us Apple enthusiasts.
    Ever since MWSF 2002 there were "serious" rumors about the next big thing... aka G5.
    Also Mac OS X was still a buzz...now we have Panther: what else can we hope for?

Personally I think times are gr8 for Apple (and us who love to use their stuff). Super hardware (G5 is here, and getting faster, less power-hungry.. etc. so there is also a bright future for iMac, PowerBook and so on), and lovely software! Panther is gr8, so is iLife and all the software that has been released for Mac OS X.
    But.... if things are good, there is little less to actually hope for.... know what I mean?

Therefore less speculation, less rumors.

We are merely waiting patiently for iMac G5, PowerBook G5 and PowerMac G5 at 2.5 GHz.

:)

Just my € 0.02 :D

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I have it from very reliable sources that new rumors will be out on Tuesday.

10. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

:p

'bout time!

11. ratspg macrumors regular

not true

I heard from even more reliable sources that are more reliable than the reliable ones, that the rumor isn't true :(. Oh well.

Yes yes, it has been quiet though!

12. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

time for a keynote update?

Attached Files:

15. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

I was thoroughly surprised that Apple didn't update Keynote at MWSF. They updated FCE after a year, but not Keynote. I suppose they didn't want to piss off M$ the same day they announced new Office.