where are mac skinz ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lazyboy922, Feb 27, 2004.

1. lazyboy922 macrumors 6502

lazyboy922

Does anyone know when mac skinz plan on coming back? there site says that they are down until they have enough supply to meet demand. I'd like to pick one up.

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

From what I understand, they have designs printed on them that you stick on to your computer and are easily removeable. I don't, however, know when they will be back up. Their site, as I recall, has been off and on.

edit: I misread your post.... Thought it said wjat are mac skinz, when it actually said where are mac skinz. O well.

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I found this on MacNN in the PowerBook section:

No, nobody is buying us out. We completeley restructured our production process to accomodate new and better designs and create a better product. It is now also chemically resistant. The product in this thread is interesting but looks pretty substandard in the corner areas. It is also very easy for anyone to purchase inkjet receptive vinyl, print it and wrap it around your iPod. I'm not sure if the image would be waterproof because almost all but the more expensive large format inkjet printers are aqueous (waterbased). I would also be hesitant to put anything on the bottom of a PowerBook due to heat build-up.

thanks,
    Doug
    www.macskinz.com

4. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I'm looking forward to getting that laser-etched clear G5 side panel! That thing is pimp! :D

5. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

they're still available from the site.

Also does anyone know of anywhere that resells macskinz in the UK?

6. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Nobody does. Only online.

It's a pity really. I was thinking of ordering a custom-made skin for my iBook just before christmas. After Christmas they had that message saying that they'd not be taking offers for the next time.

Hopefully, they're back soon.

7. macskinz macrumors newbie

When we do go live again which I hope will be soon, we have put together a reseller program. This should bring MacSkinz closer to you especially for international customers.

Thanks,
    Doug
    www.macskinz.com

8. Highway macrumors newbie

How to get into Macskinz

Hello guys,
    I bought two macskinzs for my 4 gen ipod and I LOVED them. But recently my ipod died and I decided its time to get a video ipod. So, after visiting the Macskinz website it seems a membership is needed now? So with that I was searching the net for a contact number and I found this forum. So, I am writing to find out if anyone knows how I can get in to the website to order a new set of skins for my new ipod. I am looking forward to seeing the new artists and skins.

Thank you for your time,
    Highway