Where are my SHSH blobs saved?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thingee, Sep 5, 2011.

1. thingee macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2011
    I am going crazy trying to restore my iPad and could really use some help. I have followed all the instructions to back up my blobs and can see them in TinyUmbrella. My iPad is in DFU mode and I am ready to restore. I option-click the restore button in iTunes, a Finder window comes up for me to pick a backup source, and I CANNOT FIND IT! Where the heck do I navigate to?

In TinyUmbrella, the save directory shows as /Users/MyName/.shsh but there is no such directory that I can find. Am I up the creek here?

Thanks so much if anyone can help.
  2. kalex macrumors 65816

Oct 1, 2007
    When you option click in itunes u have to point it to the firmware u want to restore not your shsh. In order to restore it you need to start TSS server in tiny umbrella. Once server is running, then u option click in itunes select firmware file u want to load and click restore.
    .shsh is a hidden directory on OSX. In finder click on Go --> Go to folder --> and paste the path that tinyumbrella shows u. It will open that folder for u
  3. thingee thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2011
    I will try this. Thank you soooo much for the reply! :D
  4. TadG macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2013
    Hard Drive --> Users --> Your Name --> .shsh

You will need to have hidden files showing.
  5. dhlizard macrumors G4

Mar 16, 2009
    The Jailbreak Community
    You think perhaps the thread starter has figured this out since September 2011 :rolleyes:
  6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Nov 5, 2009