Where are TEMP QuickTime movies kept?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 59031, Sep 30, 2005.

1. 59031 macrumors regular

Where are QuickTime movies kept, when they are cached, in OS X? I mean, for instance, like the folder where the videos from iTunes are cached (where the extractor programs find them) or when a QT video plays in a pop up window without the save option and it get's cached somewhere on your hard drive?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

In the caches folder in the library. you can delete them from the system preferences, somewhere in the quicktime pane.

3. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

4. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

You do have to register first though (only a certain number of invites, but there's 596 videos from the iTMS on there.

5. 59031 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks for your replies.

I used ITMS-Extractor as an example. The movie I want to save is coming from a website. It's a QuickTime movie that opens in a pop up window. It loads, and it is not streaming, so it is definitely cached somewhere on the system. There is no save button, but I need to save it.

I looked in that folder mentioned above and there are no .mov files in there, but I know that when QuickTime movies play on your system like I've described above they do reside somewhere on your system temporarily and I know someone out there can point me to where it is. I've seen this discussed before, but can't find any threads about it and I can't remember where the files go.