Where are the best iBook and Powerbook deals???

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by Classic, Nov 6, 2002.

1. macrumors regular

Jul 9, 2001
    So, now that Apple has released new ibooks and powerbooks, I'm on the prowl to find an inexpensive older laptop.

I figure that since Apple's new low-end powebook is 867MHz with a Radeon 9000, and sells for $2299 then an older 800MHz with only a Radeon 7500 should sell for about $1999, or at the very most $2099. However, those deals don't seem to be out there...

MacWarehouse is selling the 800MHz Powerbook with a Radeon 7500 for $2394!!! That's $100 more than they are selling the new powerbook! It's pretty absurd. MacMall is doing the same thing. MacConnection is selling it for $2679 but doesn't even have the new ones listed.

The only place even remotely close to having a real deal is Smallog with one for $2179, but that's a refurbished powerbook...

So, what gives?

DealMac doesn't list any better deals either.

Anybody else looking for a good deal on an older powerbook? Anybody find anything better? I figure the prices will have to go down when they realize that people won't buy a lower quality prodct at a higher price.