Where are the iPhone 5 in AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdahe, Nov 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Sdahe

OMG... Still no iPhone 5 in Att.. I've been waiting since it came out and nothing. What's happening. People is taking advantage of this situation and they are selling the 16Gb model from $800 to $1,000... When will people be getting their iphones from att?

2. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I don't understand what you mean. AT&T U.S. is selling them.

3. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

the AT&T one is in high demand, don't really know why since the Verizon one is the one thats compatible with most other countries.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

iPhone 5 Ship Times Improve to 2-3 Weeks.
    Apple's online store is now listing ship times for the iPhone 5 at 2-3 weeks, a slight improvement from the previous 3-4 week wait faced by customers.
    Just order one online.

5. macrumors 6502

I got one just 2 weeks ago.

6. macrumors 65816

depends on how you look at it, the at&t one is compatible with 5 lte carriers in canada and one in mexico (recent lte launch)

most of the americas will use the a4128 one

7. macrumors regular

sulliweb

Have you ordered one? Pardon, a better question, have you gone to an AT&T store, not an Apple Store or Apple online, to order one?

I went to the local AT&T Store Friday and ordered a phone. It shipped today. I'm hoping it will be at the store for pickup tomorrow. The wait times are getting much shorter at AT&T. Apple is just limiting what they sell through their site to keep up with carrier demand, I'd imagine.

I understand that it's an Apple product, but still, I'd check with your local AT&T store. You'll probably get one pretty quickly.

8. macrumors regular

What good is a "release date" when only a tiny percentage of those who want an iPhone 5 can get one and the rest of the masses have to wait a month or two. It's ridiculous.

9. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

For LTE, yes. For HSPA, the AT&T iPhone 5 will work just fine.

Think of it this way: most Americans buying an iPhone 5 will not travel out of the country with it. While many will travel, a good portion of it will be in the US, or maybe Canada/Mexico.

Of the small percentage that will go out of country, you've got a good portion of folks who will restrict their data usage to hotel wifi. And so, the vast majority will never touch LTE. The remainder who either roam or unlock will be either unaware of the difference (and might not even notice being on HSPA+), will probably be fine with HSPA+, or have the disposable income to buy a separate iPhone 5 to use while they're there, if they REALLY want to use LTE that badly.

So, am I spending more time out of the US, or IN the US? Since I spend most of my time stateside, I want my phone to work best when I'm here in the US. That means having a phone that works well here... including having simultaneous voice and data. For that, you need AT&T.

10. macrumors 6502a

i a vow one last week no issue walked into BBY and bought it. but granted this was the 4th one i tried because others had either sprint or att. apple even had them in stock at store just not vzw so when i found the 64gb black i bought it

11. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

If you're a busy business person then yes the AT&T one is more preferable, if you travel a lot the Verizon one is more preferable since their LTE coverage almost covers the entire US.

12. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

If 5 million is a "tiny percentage," then I don't know it's possible Apple will EVER catch up. That doesn't mean they shouldn't ever release anything, though.

Not bad for an un-innovative, defective, laggard product that no one will want, huh? ;)

----------

...and is completely useless to you the moment you get a call. There's tradeoffs, and that lack of SVD is a pretty big one for some people. Not to mention HSPA+ is pretty fast in its own right.

13. macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I bought mine AT the AT&T store (not my preference, but, meh).
    Do you mean the one you ordered??

14. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Well if you're on a call you shouldn't really be looking anything up anyway lols unless you're on a computer. It's not a breaking feature. The only scenarios I could see you needing it is if you have to look up the location for something or the name/info of a place. I'm not a phone person so it's not an issue to me.

15. macrumors regular

Who said that?

16. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I went to an ATT store tonight and they got the iphone5... one of the guys there told me they just got them today. I got a Galaxy S3 insted.. in white.. beautiful

17. macrumors Core

alphaod

I get mine from the Apple Store.