Where are the Mac Sports Titles?!?!

Discussion in 'Games' started by cgmpowers, Sep 3, 2003.

1. cgmpowers macrumors regular

This has really been bothering me and wanted to start a dialogue on the subject. Where the heck are the sports games for Mac & OS X???

Aside from Asypr's Tony Hawk, Tiger Woods & Nascar...there really aren't any sports games for the Mac... Certainly I'm not the only Mac Fan who is a sports person..

I'd really love to see hockey, baseball and football for OS X. Heck, I'd even take basketball and soccer to just have a title for the Mac...

I've written Aspyr, MacSoft & even EA Sports.. I hope this post just gets you guys thinking...and maybe if inclined, to do the same...and help generate (or at least state) the interest..

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Wasn't Madden around for the Mac for maybe one year? Guess that fell to the wayside. I hear ya.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

4. whawho macrumors regular

What the backyard baseball, football, and basketball games aren't enough? :)

I wish that there was more sports games for Macs... but I don't know if there really is a demand for them... well enough to actually port them.. I mean I am in to sports games but I still don't think I'd buy them for my mac over the console version... I'd buy them first for my Xbox... The only one that I might prefer to play on my Mac would be Tiger Woods... but it's still not likely I would buy that over the console version.

edit...removed unecessary quoted text

5. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Most of the good sports games are made by EA which doesn't do their own ports but hires a third party (aspyr or Macsoft) to do them and doesn't always offer them to be ported I think Nascar 2002 and F! were the last to be ported. I would love to see Madden 2004 on the mac, but I doubt it will ever happen

6. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

The main problem for the lack of "real" sport titles is that not enough people buy them. I spoke with someone from Aspyr about the lack of sports titles and that's the answer I got. Most people would rather play those games on the console, me included.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There's also Kelly Slater Pro Surfing. I believe that and the Tony Hawk titles are both part of Activision's O2 line.

I just never thought about playing sports games on a computer, unless you include racing.

8. russoesq macrumors newbie

I don't think Mac hardware was good enough to provide decent support for sports. Now, I would think most games could be ported to Mac with very good results. Personally, I much prefer playing video games on the computer. I really enjoyed Madden on my original I-mac using connectix virtual game station. But I guess i'm in a very small minority.

9. windwaves macrumors regular

10. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

if you want to play sports titles I would go with a console before a pc cheaper and the only thing you do with it is play games