Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2003
I'm so sick of waiting for a new computer from apple. I'm just waiting as most of you are for new powerbooks and or powermacs. This is getting ridiculous. All they care about is the iPod and converting switchers. It seems they've forgotten the needs of all the pple that they actually sell computers to. Apple's slacking, i'd gladly move on to something else at this point, rather than wait for apple to get their act together, but i have nothing to move to. :(

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
WHERE ARE THE THREADS WITH ALMOST ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN THEM

for the love of god it is so damn annoying

just buy your damn powerbook and powermac, i did and i am not disappointed in them

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
mashinhead said:
I'm so sick of waiting for a new computer from apple. I'm just waiting as most of you are for new powerbooks and or powermacs. This is getting ridiculous. All they care about is the iPod and converting switchers. It seems they've forgotten the needs of all the pple that they actually sell computers to. Apple's slacking, i'd gladly move on to something else at this point, rather than wait for apple to get their act together, but i have nothing to move to. :(

i dont understand what you dont buy one now? do you have to have the newest thing out? just buy it or dont..

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
eva01 said:
WHERE ARE THE THREADS WITH ALMOST ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN THEM

for the love of god it is so damn annoying

just buy your damn powerbook and powermac, i did and i am not disappointed in them

Agreed.

SO STOP WHINING!

Alone2Gether

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Stop whining and complaining!

How did you know they are being updated?

RUMORS... definition - Gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth.

:p

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
go ahead and get one if you need it. If you keep waiting on one...you will get really frustrated.

ctsport1234

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2005
Werd.

Theres no "rule" stating when PBs get updated nor did Apple promise anything. Its a free market, they have a product for sale (currenet PBs) and you are free to either purchase them or not. Stop being a baby and either purchase the current PB or wait. Simple as that.

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
There is a flipside to that coin folks!!! I agree with the gent with the beef with Apple. Is it really that dumb to complain that Apple has currently got a lineup of outdated laptops (pro laptops to boot) that are inferior to most STANDARD PC laptops? Personally I think its more dumb to spend $1k more for an inferior product so my opinion is the same as mashinhead. To just say "go buy it and shutup" is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Apple should justify their higher prices now cause if they dont start soon...when they go x86 and Mac OS X for Intel is cracked AGAIN they better not whine.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
CuriousG said:
Is it really that dumb to complain that Apple has currently got a lineup of outdated laptops (pro laptops to boot) that are inferior to most STANDARD PC laptops?

Can someone please tell me when the PowerBooks were actually better than x86 notebooks? I've been reading this forum for a while and I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact comment for years now!

Also if Apple do release a new notebook tomorrow and it doesn't have a HD screen, wont it still be bad compared to the x86 notebooks you guys keep comparing them to? So I take it you wont buy it then either?

Get over yourselves the PowerBook is the BEST APPLE NOTEBOOK you can buy. For you to say you'll pirate OS X to put on an x86 if Apple don't release what you want says it all really.

As for the Power Macs why don't one of you actually tell me what is wrong with a dual G5 2.7 GHz? You've fallen for a rumor you are waiting for the legendary dual core 970MP to turn up, what if it never turns up?

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
I am sorry but you just dont get it. And you certainly didnt understand me. I am not going to pirate anything from Apple but I wouldnt be surprised if others do. They have to remain a step ahead like they have for so many years but now they are seeming to be falling behind without a care in the world.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
CuriousG said:
I am sorry but you just dont get it. And you certainly didnt understand me. I am not going to pirate anything from Apple but I wouldnt be surprised if others do. They have to remain a step ahead like they have for so many years but now they are seeming to be falling behind without a care in the world.

I think you'll find it has been a long time since Apple had a notebook as powerfull as some of the high end x86 ones. The thing that sells Macs is OS X and smoke and mirrors about the PPC being a better processor. If you guys would actually take the time to look at the update cycle for the AL notebooks you would notice that they have only actually been released once a year for the last 3 years, assuming there will be an update just because a rumor site says there will be isn't that smart. Rumors are rumors of course, btw IBM announced the low power G5 the same time they announced the MP so does this mean you guys believe we will see the PowerBook G5 finally announced? :rolleyes:

panda

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2004
right

CuriousG said:
they care so much, that they are taking the huge risk of shifting to intel porcessors. so it is not a caring problem. it is a timing problem. things are sort of in-between, out of step.

apple, you can be sure is doing everything it can to be the best and make the best for people like you and i.

patience is called for. and sometimes that is hard isn't it?
:)

eflaten

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2005
Powerbook lags behind

Agree with CuriousG on the overall perspective. Apple lags behind on the powerbook. It is nearly 2 years since the alu switch. The progression on the PB the last year has been anemic. Just look at the ibook which is nearly twice the price and just a few features better.
The powerbook should with its features be much cheaper. When updated they can rise the price. I had plans to purcase powerbooks but price/spec. sayes Ibook - even if the machines are for pro usage.

iQuit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
Los Angeles
I am almost thinking about switching to a Windows laptop at the moment, the PB Price to Performance ratio sucks compared to Windows PC's and I bought a new Windows desktop. Also I love OSX to death but I can't buy a computer just because of it, especially when Windows is <starting> to get more stable, SP2 was a big leap. As for the PowerMac, I see it as a great desktop, the desktop part of Macs aren't so bad, just the PowerBook is way overpriced for it's very outdated hardware, the iBook is however a pretty good laptop for the price and performance.

CuriousG

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
Why is it pathetic? Does it go against your belief? I hate to bring bad news but other people have opinions of their own and they might just differ from your own. Thats life so get use to it.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
mad jew said:
Steve Jobs reads MacRumors on a regular basis and when we hit a certain quota of threads like this, he releases them.

It's all up to us.

Yeah, the jew is right. What is it now? 1000 posts? I think that's what it was for the new iBooks. The hard thing is getting them in on the three days before the update - they don't count otherwise.

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
I starting to get seriously pissed by the people on these forms OMFG SOME ONE WROTE IN CAPS I SAY INSTANT BANISHMENT. Just buy the F****** computer because I have the money to blow on an outdated machine I think you should to (Thats like saying paying full price for a ten year old car is a good deal because it drives just like the new model.) All you people need to get a serious chip off your shoulders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.