where are the refurb MacBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amhp, Jan 17, 2007.

1. amhp macrumors newbie

It seems like every other time I check the Apple Store refurbs the MacBooks are missing. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone think they'll lower the price ?:confused:

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

There was quite a few listed this morning. Probably sold out already

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yep, they tend to sell out quickly. I am sure that there are a bunch of people who eagerly wait for refurbished MacBooks to arrive on the store and snatch them up as soon as they can. :)

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i'm waiting for a white MB, 2.0 core 2 duo as well. i'd like to see about 25% off, similar to the MBP core 2 duo's they have.

is that realistic given how fast they sell? i haven't seen a MB core 2 duo in the refurb section yet. has anybody seen one and knows how much one can save?

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure if I have ever seen Core 2 Duo based MacBooks in the refurbished section, just Core Duo based ones. :eek:

6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

I usually check every morning (around 1 or 2 am) to see what MacBooks are available. I have yet to see a C2D MacBook. I'm guessing it may take another month or two before we'll start seeing them in the refurb section. As for price, I'd say about 20% off or so.

The C2D MacBook Pros always go quick... just like the CD MacBooks. If you want one, you have got to be one of the early birds, otherwise they'll be gone like that [*snaps fingers*].

7. tundotcom macrumors member

some people have reported seeing C2D MB refurbs, but I'm never gonna be able to find those.