Where are the Speakable Items for Address Book?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by walkingmac, Oct 4, 2005.

1. walkingmac macrumors 6502

walkingmac

Ok, this seems really silly, but where are they? I am getting back into using Speakable Items and creating scripts for them and want to see what Apple did to create those wonderful Speakable Items for Address Book. There is a list of them in the "Speech Commands" window, but they are no where to be found in the "Speakable Items Folder". Does anyone know where they are?

2. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

It looks as if they are no longer listed by application except for various browsers. I can't find them either. Hopefully they will still work for you in scripts. Please post when you try it out!

3. walkingmac thread starter macrumors 6502

walkingmac

well, by and large, that are storied the same as they always have been. That is if there are functions for them, as they are added to the Speakable Items folder and their sub-folders they are vidable. there are some though that are not and they seem to be actually Apple's apps that do this. WHY? When I have a set of scripts that are a little more well rounded I will post them.

aside- GASP, I installed a third party voice (which all suck by they way, don't bother) and restarted my computer, Speakable Items no longer work! The mic interface comes up, but nothing is in the Speech Commands window! I don't have this problem in other users. HELP!