Where are you from? (poll)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Compatiblepoker, Oct 3, 2006.

?

Where are you from?

1. USA

96 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. UK

192 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Australia

40 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Canada

51 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. South America

7 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Norway / Finland / Sweden / Denmark / Iceland

23 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Other European Countries

77 vote(s)
    14.1%
  8. Japan / Asia

28 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Africa

7 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Other

26 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

I just wanted to see where the majority of Apple / Mac users are from. Please feel free to post your exact location in the thread. :)

2. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

i'm not from the UK, Europe or the US, so chalk up one for "other". Maybe you should make this a poll.

We quite like Macs here in Otherland, but probably not more or less than most. I like them a lot, but where i work the Mac:pC ratio is about 1:1200. Is this helping?

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm from Australia and I can tell you at my university there are quite a lot of mac users most have black or white MBs a few (like me) have MBPs as well.

4. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Macs are getting more and more popular here in Holland. They recently opened the second Apple reseller here in Rotterdam. I guess the ipod must be really causing a boost in demand. Nonetheless, there's nowhere near as many mac users here as there are in the USA.

5. Compatiblepoker thread starter macrumors regular

Where is other from. :) I was going to make a poll but couldnt figure out how?

<edit> The poll is now up so feel free to vote :)

6. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

New Zealand - or nZild as it's known locally, or Australia to many ;) . You can add a poll when you start a thread as described in the FAQs, afterwards, not sure, maybe with the thread tools menu?

7. iñaki'sonMac'87 macrumors regular

I'm a chilean mac user since 1987, I still have my Clasic II running, a PPC 8500 and a PB G3, today, or tomorrow, I'll get my MBP, can't wait!

anyway, I'm living in Barcelona now, where I can tell you that there are many more mac users than chile...

8. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Denmark, include that with your Norway, Sweden, Finland poll or just make it Scandinavia and Finland. I hate being left out :eek:

9. NJuul macrumors 6502

Denmark. Just above Germany, just below Norway and Sweden.

There aren't that many mac-users here, but our numbers are rising. Especially this year, I know of several people who made the switch, and macs are available in more and more hardware stores. I think boot-camp was quite a trigger.

10. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'm from the UK. Mac's are sold through a few outlets over here so I guess they do reasonably well, but for a while I was the only person I knew with one.

Couple of people I know have got MacBooks in the last 4 or 5 months after seeing my PowerBook. I didn't even have to do the hard sell - OS X did that itself!

11. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

South Africa here, southern most country on the african country... :eek:

12. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There is also a MR Frapper Map. You do have to zoom out to see that the edges of the world aren't at the US borders :p

[Edit: From now on when people ask where I'm from, I'm going to say "other European countries" :D ]

13. Dalriada macrumors 6502

Nice idea but the question was How Many non-USA Mac Users? so why leave in the poll a USA option (no hard feelings :p ) Would have been more interesting to elaborate more on the non USA regions rather than having loads of votes under Others

- Dal

14. 2ndPath macrumors 6502

I think having the US in there is good to get a sense of scale. However the poll is still biased, because many people from non-English-speaking country do not read MacRumors, which is in English.

15. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

16. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Denmark too.

Despite popular belief, there are actually a fair number of Apple computer users here.

I clicked on the Norway/Finland/Sweden as Denmark fit in right there more than with the rest of Europe.

17. Molnies macrumors member

18. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

19. ozontheroad macrumors 6502

ozontheroad

Oz

Sydney - NSW - Oz (not the HBO Oz) Australia

20. steelfist macrumors 6502a

here in taiwan there's not much attention to macs and ipods. it's tough being alone here, and in hong kong, where i ussually live, most of the people that i know that has macs have a lot of problems and are pissed. one of them always shut down by itself, another has whining and discoloring issues, another is crawling slow, etc. i don't have any happy mac users as a friend.

21. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

UK. As mentioned earlier, there are a fair few people here who have macs, but they're far between people.

People I know who have macs are mainly music professionals, but no one else really seems to have one. Still get the "whos Apple?" remarks. *sigh* Poor old Lincoln.....

22. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Its also extremely early in the morning in the United states, I assume it is more appropriate time in other parts of the world. Once the time shifts you'll see a lot more USA people I believe.

23. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

American on a one-year stay in France (almost over, so sad). I see a fair number of Macs around, and tons of iPods. I'm in a pretty techie part of the country though, so I think I might be skewed a bit. At lunch yesterday there were two people with WWDC t-shirts on (the ones that say Veni Vidi Codi, pretty sweet).

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

What is your real question?

Is it, in what country are you using your Mac?

Or is it, what country are you from?

The reason that I say this, is many folks may be from one location but live in another country.

25. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness