Where be Frohicky?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Jul 30, 2004.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So what do you think happened to Frohicky?

Is he permanently banned, or possibly miffed about the circumstances of his temporary banning? Are we not interesting anymore?

I am just curious, so anyone know?

I kinda miss him, but perhaps we haven't had enough second amendment related threads as of late to pique his interest...he also had really bad jokes, second perhaps only to IJ's...

Mods, please kill this thread quickly after the topic has been sufficiently broached...I do not want this to drag on, I am just wondering is all...

2. vniow macrumors G4

His profile says he's not banned so I would asume that he's free to visit whenever but it also says his last activity is the day after his last post so perhaps he has chosen not to come back.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

several weeks ago, he was banned for a week, though i don't know if that was from this forum or the whole site.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Psst. Few people know this, but Frohickey suffers from multiple personality syndrome. One of his personalities is a Dennis Kucinich liberal. Frohickey was "outed" when he was spotted at the Democratic Convention, returning John Kerry's salute. Anyway, that's where he's been. I don't know about before or after the convention. Probably handing out leaflets in support of gay marriage or something.

5. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

Right, this thread is not going right at all...

going downhill and gaining speed...

6. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Wow, must have missed that, I didn't even know he get temp-banned. What did he do?

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

He used racial slurs, several of them, in one post. He'd said a number of things I found marginally offensive before (which earned him a spot on my ignore list for awhile), but this surprised me. Since he'd been an active participant in the board for some time and generally stayed in bounds, I think the mods made the right decision to sit him in the penalty box for a few days over banishment. I suppose for reasons of his own, he's decided not to return to our tender mercies.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I'll be honest, I thought that I may have pushed the bounds here at times. If banned, I might not choose to come back.

It is a matter of principles. Over the last 10 years I have been banned twice. Once for what I said (though others were allowed to state the same "commercial" purpose), and once for an error in tying to do a web download of information. In this case the program tried to download EVERYTHING on that website. Once I noticed what was happening, I terminated the download. I even sent an apology email once I noticed my error. I got an expletive deleted email back. I was banned after two years of constructive comments (it was a camera hardware site, so no politics were allowed).

So "banning" either short or long term means nothing.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Meh... I ignored him after his 'liberals = terrorist sympathizers' comment. Could care less where he's gone off to myself.

10. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Could it be nobody told him it was temporary. After your banned you can't check pm's or read posts right? Thus, he wouldn't know it was a temporary ban and moved on to somewhere else.

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i've never confirmed this, but i suspect any kind of ban would also be communicated via email, to the addresses of which the mods have access.

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

it's not that long that we have not seen him...i get sick of this section from time to time and take a vacation for a couple of days or week, or more, and talk about macs here in the other sections

what i am wondering is, "what happened to slyhunter?"...i know he was banned, but came back in a few different incarnations...i wonder if he is now back as somebody else

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You could always ask his sister, http://forums.macrumors.com/member.php?u=32715

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Who cares? Really!

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i have my suspicions...

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I suspected as much... ;)