Where can an 18 year old gay boy go dancing for free in NYC on a Wednesday night?

Discussion in 'Community' started by scem0, Sep 28, 2005.

1. macrumors 604

scem0

I have decided to make a thread because I have exhausted all my means of club searching, I have yet to get bad advice from MR, and lots of good clubs try to stay underground.

I love to dance. I try to dance 4 times a week, but usually I only get 3 nights per week. Wednesdays are always annoying because I can't ever find a club to go to and I have no class on Thursday, so I can sleep in.

So if anyone here is familiar with clubs in New York City, please help me out:

I'm gay - so a gay club is preferable, but I'd be more than willing to go to a straight club if they have good music. Mixed clubs are a lot of fun too. A place like webster hall, which isn't mixed at all would be a last resort.

I'm a poor student - free is preferable, but I'd be willing to pay up to $15, depending on how much I feel like dancing (which is usually quite a bit :p).

I want to dance, not lounge! So no lounges or bars, please!

I'm only 18, so 21+ clubs aren't possible. I don't have a fake ID, I don't drink.

I'm in Manhattan, and I'm not so keen about riding the subway from too far away back to my dorm at 3-5AM after I'm done dancing. So, a club in Manhattan would be nice, near Union Square would be awesome. I like to walk to/from clubs to warm up/cool down my legs. :)

It really is driving me nuts staying pent up in my dorm on Wednesday nights, when I'm in a dancing mood, so you have no idea how much I'll love you if you can find me a good place to go dancing on Wed. nights.

_Emerson

2. macrumors 6502a

Grey Beard

Emo,
    Come on, even the Lord of the Dance deserves a night off doesn't he.
    Kevin
    aka Grey Beard

3. thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

I suppose, but I still don't dance on mondays, tuesdays, and either friday, saturday.

5 times a week is my limit, I don't want to hurt myself or anything. :p

I don't have to worry about hitting that though. Mondays and Tuesdays are very busy days for me, and I usually pass out at the end of the day.

_Emerson

4. macrumors 6502

Tell you what mate, if you ever come to London I'll take you out dancing.

Here in the civilised world you can drink from 18 so there are no 18/21 divides in clubs :)

5. thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

Sounds good :).

If only I had easy access to London.

_Emerson

6. macrumors 6502

Open offer mate. I'll even through in the sleeper couch in my living room

7. macrumors member

Dancing sucks. Anyone know where I can go play chess and bare knuckle box in Minneapolis?

8. macrumors 68000

njmac

I may be able to help you - but not until next Wednesday. I'm working in Chelsea Market that day - and one of the guys I work with is gay and I know he goes dancing plus he lives in the area. I'll ask him for you and I'll post back after work.

Good Luck!

9. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Who cares? this is like asking whats your favorite color?

10. thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

how so? I'm asking because I'm bored out of my wits, and I want to go dancing.

Asking for everyone's favorite colors would get me no where.

Sounds good njmac, thanks :).

_Emerson