Where can I buy Adobe Photoshop 7?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jakochampolska, Feb 19, 2006.

1. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005
    I've checked Amazon and its selling for 800 dollars!??? And I cant find it for mac. Also I've checked Adobe's website but still cant find it anywhere. And I dont want CS2 because its REALLY SLOW when I did the trial version and I like PS7 just alot better (I have a bootleg version on my other computer but its all in German and I dont know german haha). So where for less could I buy PS7??
  2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    Sites like Amazon or eBay are your only real choices. (unless someone has a copy here). Don't expect to find it for less than a few hundred dollars.
  3. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005
  4. revenuee macrumors 68020

Sep 13, 2003
    A place where i am supreme emporer
  5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Only if it is a genuine, full retail version (not Academic or site license) AND if the seller has not already used it to upgrade to a newer version (in which case the older one has no license and they are not permitted to sell the CDs) AND if the seller transfers all the original CDs serials and manuals to you together with a letter authorizing the transfer of the license to you and revoking all interest in it themselves, and they delete it from their machine

Suffice to say that the vast majority of eBay sales fail one or more of the conditions.

Adobe License Transfer

"You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, and (iii) all copies of font software converted into other formats to such individual or entity;* (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement and any other terms and conditions under which you purchased a valid licence to the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software. "
  6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    He isn't kidding. Before my old school entered into an agreement with Autodesk I bought the full (non edu) version of AutoCAD R14 (which was outdated still, but it was what the school had) from ebay. I kid you not, I did everything I could to verify that this was all legit, right down to calling AutoDesk with the serial number he provided me. (yes he gave me the serial before purchase--bet that doesn't happen today). Autodesk gave the green light and I went running. I spent just over $200 for it, which was an amazing deal. I got everything but the box, but it looked good and I didn't care. I installed and registered. Two weeks later I had an issue with a plumbing library that I wanted to use. Autodesk told me my serial number was actually blacklisted as one of the many that were stolen from a retailer I guess. They had me look at my CD and such and it turned out the CD was burned as well! I was taken, big time. The guy got away with it, but I tossed $200 down the drain on that.

The only other time I've been really taken on ebay was when I bought Flash on ebay and did local pickup. It was all fake, but the box was real. I called Macromedia and reported the guy, filed a police report and sent the cops to the guy's house. Needless to say, I was given my money back.
  7. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005
    hmm interesting stuff you guys wrote, I think I might have to think twice about buying something off ebay. I've had a bad past with people on ebay anyway.