Where can I get replacement keycaps?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by avihappy, Jun 25, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 15, 2006
    Does anyone know where/how/if I can get a few replacement keycaps for the Thin Aluminum iMac keyboard? Would Apple be able to sell me some? Is there a place where I can buy broken keyboards? Anything? :confused:
    I don't want to have to rebuy the keyboard. Thanks.
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I just went to my local Apple Service Provider, when a key broke off my iBook keyboard. They didn't have a spare iBook key, but they gave me the right key from an old, spare PowerBook keyboard they had lying around.

That's the "silver tooth" of my iBook... :D
  3. macrumors 601

Oct 3, 2006
    Apple sells the all the spare keys for the new aluminum keyboard in a kit that you can find on the Apple Store here. They actually have a smaller kit with fewer keys also for if you don't need all the keys that the larger kit has and you can find it here. :D
  4. macrumors 68000

Aug 21, 2007
    That's pretty funny. You almost had me.

To the OP: Ask the Apple store if they have a busted keyboard or system going back to the warehouse that you could pull a key off. If they're dicks about it, then just gank one off a floor display and give 'em the finger on the way out.
  5. macrumors newbie

May 2, 2011
    Apple Key Caps

You can get pretty much any kay cap from any Apple keyboard or laptop from http://www.thebookyard.com/apple_keycaps.php
    They have identified the various different variants of each range. I don't think there's a more comprehensive source for them.