Where can i get the artwork for itune?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by yklxcq, Jun 27, 2005.

1. yklxcq macrumors member

Jun 22, 2005
    Can someone give me a hint? (my country does not have itune online music store available :mad: :mad: )
    As i would like to have itune artwork screen saver, Or there is somewhere that i can donwload some artworks from web?thx
  2. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    Search the Widget World

I found a pre dashboard widget (konfabulator) that pulled the Album Cover Art off Amazon and put it into iTunes and my color iPod.... surly there is or will be another one.

The graphics were not 'awesome' but mostly clean enough....

I hope this helps. The read me files follows....

iTunes Companion

©2003 Knut August Johansen

This widget searches for album cover art for your current iTunes track at amazon.com and downloads it to your hard drive. The image is only downloaded once. The next time you play that track It finds the image on your hard drive. First it searches your hard drive, then the iTunes Library and if it doesn‘t find any cover art there it searches at amazon.com
    The images are stored in a folder called "CDCovers" in "Pictures" in your home directory. You can also scan the album cover yourself if it can’t be found at amazon.com. Drag an image file over the jewel case and it will be named as the current album and copied to the CDCovers folder.

Click on the arrow in the upper left corner to open the drawer and it will show the tracks on the current album. If the text is too long to fit in the drawer, rest the mouse over the text and it will scroll.
    Click on a track that you want to play. Click on the CDs icon to show all albums by current artist in your library sorted alphabetically. When you click on an album it plays the first track on that album. Click on the people icon to show all artists in your library sorted alphabetically. When you click on an artist it will play the first track on the first album by that artist.

Three sizes to choose from. Click in the upper left corner of the jewel case to increase/decrease the size.

Volume control: Click + or - to adjust volume, shift-click adjusts system volume.

You can set it to export artwork to iTunes in Preferences. It is off by default.

Song rating: Just click and drag on the dots on the upper right corner (left corner if drawer is on the right side) to reveal/hide stars.

Hotkeys: Option (Alt on Windows) click on the control you want to assign a hotkey to and follow the onscreen instructions. The hotkeys you can use are:

On Macintosh: End, Escape, ForwardDelete, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7,F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15, Home, PageDown,PageUp, Space and Tab.

On Windows: UpArrow, DownArrow, LeftArrow, RightArrow, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14, F15, F16, Insert,ForwardDelete, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, Help, Clear,PrintScreen, ScrolSpace, Tab, Escape
  3. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Jan 27, 2005
    Try clutter.
    It looks for artwork for the current playing song. Command-Shift-K copies it to all songs from the same album in iTunes. Couldn't be more easy.
  4. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    Clutter is awesome. I had a ton of CD's I ripped, and Clutter found good art for all but the most unusual disks. If there is a better utility for this purpoase, i haven't found it yet.
  5. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    Does Clutter save the artwork it finds? Does it put it into iTunes for you or is it a stand-alone app?
  6. stridey macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2005
    Massachusetts, Connecticut
    It's a stand-alone app. It saves the artwork it finds. I believe (not quite sure) there's a preference that allows it to put the artwork into iTunes automatically, but you can also do it manually (as described above).
  7. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    I have found iTunesCool to be MUCH easier to use
  8. yklxcq thread starter macrumors member

Jun 22, 2005
  9. g4pismo macrumors member

Jul 17, 2002
  10. applecrag macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2004
    fetch art is also a very good plugin for itunes. it downloads the selected song's artwork and adds it to the library so you can see it as your song is playing. it works great for me...just make sure the title, artist, and album are all correct so it can find the artwork.
  11. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Am I the only one adding album art "manually"?

I don't trust any of those automatic collect and add programs, so whenever I rip a CD I check Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and, if still not found, Google Images or Google. When I've found one I'm happy with I just drag'n'drop it into iTunes.

I have more than 10.000 tracks in iTunes and the vast majority has Album Art.
  12. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    You are not alone :D. I manually add and when possible scan my covers.
  13. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I add them manually now since I rarely burn more than one or two CDs at a time.

I used Synergy's folder of album art to 'find' most of my Library when I did it initially. The Album Art widget is also quite useful for it since it stores back to iTunes now.
  14. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    Make a search at google for Fetch Art...another one that imports artworks into iTunes...
  15. ipacmm macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I just downloaded Clutter and it works great!
  16. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Good to know ;), I've actually had to scan a couple of albums, too... but those were rare Norwegian CDs that you cannot even find a mention of on the net... :D
  17. Switzermac macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
  18. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

Jun 30, 2005
    Circumventing the multi-verse...
    Mpfreak works really good as well... and its only 16 bucks
  19. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
  20. gco212 macrumors 6502

Jul 21, 2004
    Does anyone know of any that work with Window and is preferably free?