Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
OS X is great except for one BIG thing that is missing...

The Wild Eep.

Does anybody know where I can get it and how I can add it to my Tiger system sounds? Surely I am not the only one concerned about this endangered species.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
Wow, my Intel Mac just wasn't quite a Mac before.

With the Wild Eep come home to...well...eep, that is all changed now.

Thanks. Great link.

Moe

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Having been out of the Mac world for 10 years or so, as others have said, some thing(s) were just missing, and these help a LOT. THANK YOU!

Now, is there something these days, like SoundMaster, that allows you to tie them to certain system events?

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I open up my Wild Eep .wav and hit spacebar constantly. Especially when drunk. It's sad.

What I miss though is the surprise I used to get from the various popup info windows that would appear in conjunction with the eep. Random eeps that surprise you are what makes them wild. My eeps are tamed now.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Moe said:
Now, is there something these days, like SoundMaster, that allows you to tie them to certain system events?
I don't know of a nice neat way to do it, but there is a messy way.

Many are hiding inside /System/Library/Components in CoreAudio.component. You may want to save a copy of this before playing, since going inside is kind if the modern equivalent of mucking with ResEdit.

Ctrl-click and show package contents, then go down to Contents/Resources/SystemSounds/ . Inside those folders are most of the interesting noises. You can replace the sound files. I don't know of any extension that would swap them temporarily without doing that.

Moe

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Thanks! That looks easy enough. Just have to archive the existing sounds and carefully rename the new ones to be the same as the old ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.