Where can I go? (Moving out of US)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by someguy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Straight to the point:

I'm sick of this country. I'm sick of paying taxes that fund things I do not support. I'm sick of the seemingly endless string of lies and deceit this country seems to be based on anymore. I'm sick of the **** economy. Shall I go on?

What countries can Americans become citizens of regardless of ancestry? Based on my ancestry, I might have a shot at Canada, and possibly Italy, but what countries would I be able to freely start a new life in?

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Come to our sick country of Canada! Free health care eh! Seriously though I dislike government in general but for the most part Canadian government is fairly well run. Sure you have the odd liar but I like it here.

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

A lot of people died for the freedom we now enjoy. Relax and quit kicking the mail box.

5. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

more like people died for the BULL S*** lies they were fed.. WWI and WWII were the only justifiable wars along with the civil war in my book.... i mean come on...can you honestly say that we are protecting our country from "terrorists" this is NOT to you mcarnes its to every one who believes the lie..so what is it about? i don't know.... but it cant be good...the freedoms we have are just so that the big fat rich basta*** can justify all the wrong things they do..you know keep us on a short leash to shut us up..anyway my two cents... am i paranoid? lol no.. im just kidding:p but yeah..try Australia or England...

6. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Revolutionary war not justifiable?

7. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

I'm sure that i would become very sick of that country.

I have a hard time supporting a country that is crashing so fast. People talk about how the US should never have invaded iraq and that they should pull out, but the reality is that they can't pull out, they;re stuck there supporting a country that is like a bottemless pit, constantly needing more money, soldiers' lives, and support.

It scares me the US is going so far into debt because our economy in Canada is so closely tied to the americans.

I would think that that is mostly justifyable.
    But what about the war of 1812? That was definately NOT a justified war.

Or Vietnam where they fabricated an attack to get into the war.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You can move to Mexico since they are all moving here. Im sure there is a lot of room there now.:rolleyes:

Better yet why not just buy a boat and move into the middle of the ocean, nobody will impose their laws or taxes on you there.

9. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

lol, i don't think that you would really want to live in Mexico though, there is a reason that they come to the states.

Hey i just remembered you could move to the country within a country, Quebec :rolleyes:
    lol

and i don't think that the idea of moving away from the US is to escape taxes but to escape taxes that support things like the war, which he doesn't support, also in the US you're taxed on everything!

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

But according to the op the US is bad.:rolleyes:

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Apenas se cerciora de usted hablar español.:)
    O usted podría hacer que aprenden inglés.:rolleyes: :D

12. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

you could go to the UK, but oh yeah, the US dollar's value sucks compared to that of the GBP and you won't be able to buy anything.

13. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Your problems will come with you, wherever you move.

But you are welcome to come to London on a tourist visa, stay a bit longer, get a job as a waiter, and see where you go from there...

14. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Why not see what your tax dollars are doing?

Go and take a look at Iraq.

15. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Most anywhere at this point in time, if you're thinking residence, will require everything from a Police Rap Background check to scrutiny of personal finance and rationale for wanting to live in saint elsewhere. You'll need more substance than a mild to mediocre loathing of your present existence to carry you. Que le vaya bien.

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lol.. Good luck in Europe and ****. Their taxes are way higher than ours.

17. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Bah. I'm far from one to get involved in politics or this type of discussion or the like, but anywho-

As much as out country is failing, and it is- there are far worse places in the world. Where in the U.S. are you? Maybe you're just going through a rough patch, as it were.

I will say this- i see a TON of people every day that are moving to this country every day. People still want to move here and there's a reason for it. The majority of students at the college I went to (NJIT) were from out of the country and it seriously made me feel good about where I am.

Sure we aren't what we were years ago, but come on. I'm damn proud to live where I live, even if it's damn expensive and a p.o.s. shack costs over 400 grand.

Heh, yeah it is. Damn you crazy brits ( I love you guys!). I had a blast in London a couple years ago. Funny how everything was the same price as they are in the states (i.e. a beer and a burger was the same price there as it was here). Then I realized that that beer and burger wasn't $10, it was really $20. D'oh!

EDIT: Damn, I need to go to sleep- i just fixed like 4 mispelled words, and there are probably more in here. Silly white russians. So good! :)

18. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

The San Francisco Bay Area. It's only sort of the United States. :p

19. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Maybe instead of leaving the country you could try a city that isn't dead like the Flint, MI you're currently living in. I'm basing this entirely on you listing your location as "F-F-F-Flint-Town!" so feel free to correct me.

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I lived in Holland for a number of years. It was spectacular.

Move to the Den Haag area. I lived in Delft (a city just outside of Den Haag, bike riding distance).

Amazing public transportation system, and the majority of people speak english. I got around with no problem, and I started taking dutch lessons so I could learn to communicate, but most people spoke english with no problem.

And the fries were the greatest things ever.

21. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Russia is one awesome place for Americans. Cute chicks and of course, tons of US expats in Moscow :)

22. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

A veces el widget del traductor no es tu amigo. :p

23. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It sure is a hell of a lot nicer than Mexico. Plus, the two countries border each other.

24. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

25. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles