Where can I re-download Office for Mac 2011?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RossMacca, Feb 24, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Mar 31, 2009
    I bought Office for Mac 2011 a couple of years ago for my old MacBook. About a year and a half ago I got a MacBook Air and so to get Office on it, I downloaded the trial, and activated it with the product key from my disk. All was well.

Recently, my Office installation has been playing up (Math-type is impossible to remove) so I uninstalled it. Now, when I go to the MS website (which is, by the way, awful, so many broken links) I am told that if you have no optical drive, like me, to either download and activate the trial (as I did in the past) or enter your product key and they will provide you with the relevant download link. So I enter my key and get told I am not eligible for download. Fine - not sure why, but ok. So, as they said, I'll download the trial.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me find the trial download? Can someone help me out here? I have a legit key, and it's proving so difficult to get the software on my Mac. Pirating would have been easier...
  2. macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sep 13, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    Unfortunately it looks like Microsoft have removed the trial from their website. I had a link to the trial in one of my articles, but following the link now just takes you to the download store. I would try to contact Microsoft directly and explain the situation.
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 2, 2011
  4. macrumors 68000

Apr 25, 2012
  5. macrumors 68030

Jul 7, 2009
    Thanks for these links, I have a similar problem. My work purchased office a few years ago but have long since lost the Disc but we have the license key. We had made an ISO image of the disc but it is corrupted. :( Last week we purchased me a new MBP and when I was setting it up is when I found out the ISO was corrupted. We had been looking for the disc but this should help. :D

6. Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Whakatane, New Zealand
    The official download is here. You'll need your Product Key.