Where Can I Sell My Books?

Discussion in 'Community' started by SamIchi, Nov 28, 2004.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I found a site, but I was wonderin' if you guys know any sites I could use. I want to sell these books that I havn't read and will probably never read. I had to buy them for highschool english. I just want to get rid of these. Any comments would be appreciated. No Ebay, or that other one (forgot the name, the one associate w/ ebay, I think) I've already tried there.

The site I found was swapbooks.com.
  2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Most obvious market is the next year's students. My school used to run a book sale each year where we bought/sold our books but if not, you could try putting something up on a school board or something.
  3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    amazon.com too. i have several friends who sold books there successfully.
  4. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Jun 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
  5. MattG macrumors 68040

May 27, 2003
    Fletcher, NC
    I like Amazon for selling books...they make it really easy to list them, they calculate shipping for you, and they don't charge you to list them unless they sell.
  6. asif786 macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2004
    London, UK.
    or maybe just take it to a second hand book store? you probably wont get a good price from them though.

I agree, selling to new students is a great idea; even if they save $5 it'll be worth it for them..
  7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    half.com is the same way, although it is associated with ebay...
  8. syniac macrumors newbie

Sep 4, 2004
  9. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Jan 24, 2004
    East Lansing, MI
    Are these new books that you never read or used books that you never read? If they are the former and in pretty good shape (no writing, no dog-eared pages), you might want to take a stroll down to Barnes & Noble or whatever large chain bookstore exists in your town and see if they have the same books in stock. You'll then need to verify cover price and barcodes. Wait until after Christmas (when a slew of returns come in) and take them back. Say you received them as gifts, don't know where they were purchased, there is no receipt, blah blah blah, and you will receive store credit. Return policies are always lenient immediately after the holidays.

You'll get peanuts from a used book dealer because he/she needs to turn a profit. Abebooks charges $20/month to list 1-499 books.