Where did all the rumors go?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 10, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

GodBless

A regular non-Mac source leaking information about Apple will help Apple. Apple won't sue them. I am glad to hear though that Apple is being talked about more and more.

3. macrumors regular

outerspaceapple

I heard a rumor that rumor sites were getting paid by Apple to keep their mou.. fingers shut.

Whether or not thats true, the outcome has been the same. No sizable rumors have come to pass recently. :confused:

4. macrumors 68020

ham_man

5. macrumors 601

liketom

i think hell will freeze over before that happens lol :D

i think the devil just loves to ski ! :p

6. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    When I'm not in the market for immediate purchasing, I like this very vague rumour-mongering like ham_man's example where we can all rubbish the rumour and then get a fun surprise a few weeks later. It was starting to get a little silly in 2004 where we all knew the specs of everything weeks before they were announced. It meant you got one round of whining about them when the rumours came out followed by another round when the product was released. ;)

7. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Hell sure has frozen over a lot in the last year or two, hasn't it?

8. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

... as long as it's bluetooth!

(kidding!)

Anyways, I'm almost happy that there's no big rumor leaks. It's more fun to watch keynotes when you don't know what's coming, and even moreso, when you're not expecting something to come that doesn't get mentioned.

I do,however, hunger for new Apple news and info, and couldn't care less about store openings and iTMS sales.

9. macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, by whatever mechanism the rumor mill has all but dried up. Store openings are important to those that it affects. I enjoy hearing about the latest goal that iTMS has reached.