Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Wallpapers on iOS 9 are very poor, i have been looking on the app store to download an app, but when reading the reviews a lot of people are complaining about advertisements after downloading the app, does anyone know of a good site to download wallpapers where you don't get advertisements.

Reactions: golfnut1982

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Wallpapers on iOS 9 are very poor, i have been looking on the app store to download an app, but when reading the reviews a lot of people are complaining about advertisements after downloading the app, does anyone know of a good site to download wallpapers where you don't get advertisements.
Honestly you'd be better of searching this forum under wallpaper and choose the one you want.

Reactions: Jstuts5797

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
Honestly you'd be better of searching this forum under wallpaper and choose the one you want.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong, but i have just done a search and all i am getting is loads of threads complaining about wallpapers, i could be searching for ages just to find one wallpaper. Does anyone know of a thread where there a few to choose from.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I upgraded to iOS 9 but still have my space wallpaper. It's on my home screen but not in my saved wallpapers anymore. What is the default?

I think I figured it out. But if I choose a different wallpaper, do I lose the space wallpaper for good?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Some 6S wallpapers

Orange.png Blue & Gold.png Red.png

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Can't believe the wave wallpaper is just gone altogether. Been using it as my default since iOS 9 beta 1 dropped, thinking it was one of the coolest that Apple has had in years. More so shocked that it was in the beta and was scrapped for public release.

I got the wave wallpaper back thanks to tigger. Here it is (its parallax for the 6 Plus).

Attachments

• iOS water.png
    iOS water.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,535

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I was envisioning this one

I found it for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I agree it is a cool wallpaper, think I'll add it to my collection too :)

Attachments

• wave iphone 6 plus parallax.jpg
    wave iphone 6 plus parallax.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2,184
  • wave iphone 6.png
    wave iphone 6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 657
Last edited:

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
So I guess I'm not changing my home screen. Too bad I decided to change my lock screen to "I am Sherlocked."

They need to bring back some
of the iOS 7/8 and even some of the iOS 6 wallpapers. I loved the beach one and the blue wave one from iOS 6.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    751.3 KB · Views: 362
Reactions: Sea Bass

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Thanks for posting those. It's nice to have a place where older stock iOS wallpapers can be posted.

Thanks again, those were just the ones I was looking for.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Apple has been surprisingly inept at providing exceptionally good wallpapers (and ringtones) for OS X and iOS. Like the quality of the hardware and software, you'd think there would be really good looking walls, and awesome sounding tones. but they are strangely lackluster. I remember the time Steve Jobs was introducing Leopard and showed a wallpaper, unlike what was shown in previous Mac OS's. Introduced as a 'New Desktop' - see
at the 51:45 mark), it was an actual photo instead of the usual blue OS backgrounds, and people just laughed probably thinking it was a dig on Windows or something. But he was serious, and this i think started the whole expectation of cool new wallpapers from Apple, eventually coming into iOS as well.

EDIT: Add to that the fact that they have the most amazing looking wallpapers on their website photos of the Macs, yet we never seem to actually see these in the computers :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Osullivan1

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Any idea why this one wasn't included in iOS 9? Or maybe it was iPad only? This is by far the best one.

From what I have read. This wallpaper was present in betas of iOS 9 for both the iPad, iPhone, but for unknown reasons was not included in the public release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.