Where did my Bluetooth vanish to?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Sarmoung, Apr 19, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a 12" Power Book (867mhz) which I today 512M of RAM put into. Got home, finally updated to Panther. Everything going well and I was trying to get a new Bluetooth mouse to work when I noticed that it wasn't available, just as it had vanished from the System Preferences as well.

Am I overlooking some basic 10.3 thing I don't know about or has it gone with the 128 that was taken out? I don't know where the internal equivalent of a bluetooth dongle is located. I'm suspecting the RAM upgrade, I didn't install it myself.

Any clues or suggestions would be welcome.

Many thanks,

Patrick

2. macrumors 6502

perhaps the bluetooth module came loose or whoever installed your RAM decided to help himself to it (unlikely since i'm pretty sure it's fixed in with sodder)

3. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Sarmoung

I've had this happen before. Try repairing your permissions. I've found that that is often the issue. It's a cheap solution too. :D

4. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Patrick's right, repairiing permissions is a 1st step you should always do.

However, exactly the same thing happened to my 17" a while back, it was cured by doing a hard shutdown and restart after 10 seconds. Choosing Restart from the menu doesn't accomplish all the testing that Shutdown does.

This brought the BT module back up right smart... :D

5. macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    do the hard shutdown :)

worked on mine when it happened to me