Where did you purchased your iMac?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by cornelius, Feb 4, 2002.

1. cornelius macrumors regular

Where did you purchased your iMac?
    -apple store
    -macconnection
    -macmall
    -jandr
    -compusa
    -bestbuy
    --others?

---Originally i purchsed mine from the apple web store,but i had some problems with the taxes,(its a long story)so i ended up purchasing it from JandR, Im just waiting for them to get their stock,and ill get mine.

2. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

apple web store.
    jan 18.
    getting rather antsy.

3. moby1 macrumors 6502

MacConnection

- quoted a ship date of the 8th.

free 256 MB (no install. fee) and reasonable shipping - and no sales tax!

MacWarehouse rep. actuallt quoted me shipping in the $180-200 range

I called the local Apple Store and Mgr. insisted they would be going through the list from top down - it'd be weeks for me.

4. RitchieDeMan macrumors member

I'm in the U.K and I ordered mine from my local Apple Centre. I am on the list for their first allocation of iMacs althought they probably wont get them in until mid February.

So..... I am patiently waiting!:)

5. MontanaMacster macrumors regular

Back off FDA

I pre-ordered my high end Imac on Jan 8, from the apple store over the phone (1-800-myapple). Three days later I ordered blank CD-r and DVD-r media, a keyspan digital media remote, and a 512 ram memory upgrade. I have recived all the extras, so it is making the wait for the computer unbearable.

6. cornelius thread starter macrumors regular

Sad News

I called JandR today, and they told that they expected their first iMacs on the 24th of this month. Thats,almost two months after being introduced. I wonder how fast is Apple working and delivering the new machines. Probably around 100 or 200 people have gotten their imacs,estimate.
    They should thought of this, have at least a few before introducing them.But oh well, lets see. If anyone knows about a place (no apple webstore),that i can get one sooner let me know. I'm in Tampa,Florida. thanks

7. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

oooer! i'm in tampa, too. have you checked out the status of the imacs at the apple store at the new mall?

i ordered mine online, but am wondering if it would have been better to get on the list at the store.

hrmph.

8. cornelius thread starter macrumors regular

long list

They told me around 200 people were on the waiting list.

9. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

10. cornelius thread starter macrumors regular

but atleast with JandR, i will be getting mine when they receive them.so i guess ill have to wait three more weeks. ****,by then the middle model is suppose to start shipping!!!and Apple said that the frist one was to going to be available at the end of month.

11. skyhawk macrumors newbie

I Got My SuperDrive iMac
    I just busted into Fry's Electronics in Houston, TX., and there she was, I dropped my plastic and took that baby home on Sunday Feb. 10. I had ordered it online at the Apple Store but when I saw her in person, I had to have her. I ain't waiting any longer than I have to. This baby is all that and more! I checked for the previousely reported defects and quirks but I got a live one. I'm cancelling my online order! I'm over and out? Mostly over!