Where didja buy your iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by neoelectronaut, Nov 3, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

As soon as I get a job (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE JUST FREAKING HIRE ME) I'd like to set aside a little cash to put towards a 40GB iPod. I at first planned on getting a 20GB one, but my iTunes library just hit 20GB (Well, it's actuall 18GB after I deleted a few things I don't listen to anymore, but it'll be back over 20 soon enough.) so I'll be getting the 40GB instead. (Dammit Apple, you should offer a 30GB iPod for $349.)

Anywho, where should I buy it from? I have the typical stores around here: CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc...

I'm considering purchasing it from CompUSA simply because they're the only ones that offer Mac merchandise, and I'll like to support them for doing so.

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I bought my iPod mini from Foleys. This was when the iPod minis were nowhere to be found. No one expected a department store to have iPod minis, so I guess no one bothered to go there. Luckily I called in, and they carried them...

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

I just bought my Mini from Costco, online. Their prices are pretty fair, and they throw in a few extras, depending on whether you get a Mini or regular iPod. My Mini came with an Apple armband and a $15 iTunes gift certificate. The regular iPods seem to come with a dock and the $15 iTunes gift certificate.

Not a bad deal IMO.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

www.store.apple.com
    student discount is the only reason i didn't buy from imagiq (local reseller). that and they were out of stock for a week at the time i ordered.

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

6. Natalia81 macrumors regular

I also bought mine at the apple store online...with student discount. You could check Amazon...no tax and free shipping.

7. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Well, I guarantee you I won't be buying it online, unless someone develops some way for me to mail cash in to Apple.

8. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Bought my last iPod on eBay, 30GB for 300.00. It was loaded with music, not one scratch and only a week out of the box.

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm proud to say I bought my iPod at the SoHo Apple Store in, fittingly enough, the Big Apple. :cool:

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You can mail me the cash and Ill see to it that it gets to Apple. ;)

I got mine from the Univ store. Apple Edu prices, but no waiting. Cant be beat.

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Got my iPod at Fry's. In person, not the online store.

12. abc123 macrumors 6502

i bought mine online from the apple educational store in australia, i'm surprised that not that many people down here in australia know about the educational discounts. i know so many people who have bought their ipods from department stores at full price when they qualified for the discount.

13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I bought mine on the day they first came out from a local Apple dealer (Westworld)...sometimes it is nice to support the local shops even though I can save a bit of tax by buying elsewhere.....oh yeah!

14. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Direct from an Apple Retail Store down here in florida.

15. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

I got my 40gb model at Compu Smart in southern Calgary. Got me a heck of a deal on it to as for some reason it scanned into the register as a 20gb model and the kid with the trainee name tag didn't notice till after I'd payed.

:D hehe saved me a cool $140

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I got mine from Apple online during the 10% off weekend they had in February (and it seems I'm the only one.. :confused: ). I saved about $5-10 over the student discount that way.

17. senseibiz macrumors regular

I got mine at the Las Vegas Apple Store. I actually got two. One for me and my wife.

18. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Frist iPod at Phoenix Apple Store, then I was hit buy a car, and lost my iPod [stupid firemn =(], then got the second one at the apple store too.

19. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I called Apple and purchased my iPod/Powerbook/printer and paid by giving them my checking account information. So, you could open up a checking account and basically send them an echeck. Of course I think they only accept checking account info over the phone.

20. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I got mine at the apple store in New York..... i was the first one to buy a 30 gig from them!

21. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I got mine at the apple store in New York..... i was the first one to buy a 30 gig from them! (or at least that's what they told me)

22. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

I bought my 3 gen 20 gig in the Chicago CompUSA, and to this day, I have had no problems with it. I believe for the casual shopper, CompUSA is a decent shop for computer purchases (hence the purchase of my PowerBook in Hawaii). It could also be the Australian Accent, but I highly doubt this.

23. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I have bought all of the at the online apple store, I did want to support my local reseller but at the time and I think still they dont accept credit card just cash and they dont give extras, it's the same apple price and takes longer... My last 2 iPods are from the say day they released.

24. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

CancomUK

Very fast delivery. Friend wasn't in either when TNT delievered it, so he phoned them up and a man came round personally on his way home from the office to give it to him at 8:30 pm! Amazing

He also bought his 12" PowerBook from there. And I bought my 1.8 G5 too from Cancom