Where do I buy a X850 XT?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ArmouredGuitar, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ArmouredGuitar macrumors member

Hello Folks,

I just bought a 2.7GHZ (literally 10 mins ago :) ) and want to upgrade the card. I want the X850XT, but cant find where to buy it solo. Any clues?

~Thanks~

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Where did you buy it? If it's the online store, you could've added it when you bought. They probably still could change your order. Otherwise, you'd have to spend $500 for a X800 XT card or Nvidia 6800 since the 850 isn't yet available as a separate add-on, just a build to order option.

3. ArmouredGuitar thread starter macrumors member

I bought it new off ebay, for alot cheaper then at the store or online off apple. So I dont think I can change the specs now :( . But do you think the X850 XT will become seperate?

4. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Good luck with ebay :eek: !
    I'd fill my pants spending that sort of cash on ebay, all I'd say is be very, very careful. There are loads of good scams out there. Have you a link to the auction? Never send cash via western union. Always check previous items the seller sold/bought, if its loads of small cheap items then suddenley a top of the line PM then it'll be a scam.

5. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

Yes, very much so. Too many Apple scammers out there.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Did you try ATI's Store?

I didn't check myself, but if its anywhere, it should be there.

7. Mood macrumors regular

Mood

8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

www.macsales.com
    ATI RADEON X800 Mac Edition - 256MB 8X AGP Pro Video Card for the Power Macintosh G5 - 3 Year Warranty! (ATI100435317) more info..$498.99

You might wanna try to change your order, that would be cheaper.

9. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

ATI might have it available separately eventually, but it the meantime you might as well just buy the X800 from them (or somewhere else). There's not enough of a difference between the two that makes it worth losing any sleep over.

--Eric