Where do i find an empty G4 Tower??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Hellspawn665, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Hellspawn665 macrumors newbie

Hi Folks!

Maybe you can help me.
    I´m looking for an empty G4 Tower.
    It should become an file server and/or Music Player.
    I cant find any store who sells the Tower seperatly.
    Hope you can help me.

btw i live in Europe :mad:

2. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

Empty G4 Tower

G, what's that 4? Server or Music Player? Is it just the look you're looking for?

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Keep an eye on eBay. I've never heard of anywahere that sells them seperately, but I've seen them on eBay from time to time.

Have you tried going to an Apple store and asking them for one? I don't know if they'd give you one, but they can order it as a part. Maybe if you talk to the right person... Or you could try "...these crooks broke into my house... you'd never believe... they stole everything except for the case... I need a new one..."

4. Hellspawn665 thread starter macrumors newbie

@BenderBot1138:

[​IMG]
    This Tower i meant.

@Beej:
    Yeah, but the Problem is, the only Applestore i know is about 300 km (187 miles) away. But it seems to be the only way.
    Thx
    And ebay you said?

:)

5. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

G4 Conundrum

Beej! That's hilarious... :D

Hellspawn, I'm sure you could email the nearby Apple Store/Retailer to start the ball rolling.

As an alternative to beej's excuse, you could say sulferic acid from a leaky car battery in the overhead garage you live under seeped through your rickety roof and dripped onto your Brand New G4 case, and you're terribly sorry to be such a bother, but you were just wondering if your local Apple Retailer could be dears and order you a new case...

The only other thing I can think of is try to walk around your city and see who has G4's... wait till they fall asleep and sneak in and borrow the G4. Take it home with you, strip the case off it, replace it with a cheap PC case but be sure - and this is the most important part - be sure to take a big black marker pen and draw a big apple on the side. Sneak back over to the place you borrowed the G4 from, and carefully put the resheathed G4 back exactly where you borrowed it from...

Presto, you've got a G4 case, and no one's the wiser... :D

Does anybody else have any creative excuses to tell the local Apple Dealer to get a replacement G4 case?

:cool:

6. Hellspawn665 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, i called the Apple store, and they said, the only thing i could do is to take my mac, get it to the store, then they would change the tower, and i will get the tower back.

Damn (sry)