Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asattwanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I'm already tired of not having all the info pop up on websites with plugin missing inplace of a video or pictures.

What and where do I find the proper plugin?

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
There is a site called "google", you might have heard of it. If you type in flash, it will be the first hit..

Also, if you use the chrome browser, flash it built-in. No need for a plugin.

asattwanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
McDoo, wow that was really helpful in your very dickish type of way.

So, here is another thing Apple is not up to speed with.

Last edited:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
McDoo, wow that was really helpful in your very dickish type of way.

So, here is another thing Apple is not up to speed with.

Actually they are very up to speed on it. Up to speed on the fact that for reasons of security it is best for you to get it from the source, if and when you need it. Because not everyone does. I still haven't had a need to install Flash Player or a Java Runtime on my computer since I bought it last fall, for example.

This issue isn't Apple but rather websites that don't bother with the curtesy of putting in a link to the download page with the alert that you need to have the software.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
For Flash-related issues:
  • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
  • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
  • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.