where do i get final fantasy 7?

Discussion in 'Games' started by clykins90, Nov 11, 2005.

1. clykins90 macrumors regular

clykins90

Does anybody know where i can get a mac version of final fantasy 7? What about a pc version? (i don't want to spend very much).

Would the pc version run in VPC?

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

For something like that you best bet is Ebay. Try doing a search for something like "Final Fantasy 7 PC".

3. steelfist macrumors 6502a

you know, i'm looking for the EXACT same thing right now. i don't think there is a version for mac, and i am trying to get a hold of the pc version now. i wanted to play the game because of the final fantasy 7 advant children movie and right before watching it looked at some breif background and stuff, and i was amazed at the quality in terms of storyline, graphics, action, and it's a real final fantasy movie compared to the american final fantasy movie.

i think it's possible to play it well on virtual pc 7 but i don't exactally know the graphics and requirements of the game, but it is quite old though so it's worth a shot.

4. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I've been playing FF7 on my PC for a week or two. Firstly on XP you'll need a patch. Remember it will run on practically any computer, it requires low MHz Pentiums, so I think anything built in the last 5 years will run it.

5. Gohan macrumors member

Even with the patch installed FFVII tends to be very unstable running under XP.

Have you thought about getting the PSX vershion and running it through a PSX emulater?

6. clykins90 thread starter macrumors regular

clykins90

7. msbsound macrumors regular

Try PCSX

Here is one, and oddly, I am playing FF7 right now with it. Just order the discs off amazon for like 10 bucks new. You will need to have a BIOS file for PCSX, which does get into some legal things. You can run without it, but a lot of games will not work.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25512

8. clykins90 thread starter macrumors regular

clykins90

Do you have to have a bios to run FFVII with that emulator?

9. msbsound macrumors regular

I guess not

I actually just removed my bios and tried. Seemed to run ok. Decent speed, granted didn't try much. It definetely worked without the bios though. From what I understand, a lot of games will not, but I haven't tried many.

10. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Hunts121

I play FFVII on my powerbook a lot, well I used to

the only thing I had to do (using PCSX) was uncheck the dynarec cpu core box otherwise the battles slowed to a crawl. The bios is easy to find on filesharing programs and/or torrents. If thats not for you (finding a BIOS), there is also Flarestorm which doesn't require one and plays great up to a certain point in the game where it will hang (there is a fix I just don't know it off the top of my head). However I have found the gamepad configurator in Flarestorm to be a pain in the @$$.

Hope this helps

11. sixstorm macrumors regular

For those looking for the PC version of FF7 on the cheap (especially since everyone else is selling their copies for $100+), check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8279164112

I'm going to purchase a copy once my Paypal situation gets cleared up. This seller also has 7 and 8 together, even though 8 wasn't all that great. Hope this helps!

12. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I definitely recommend doing the PC edition as I have never had any problems with it, though I have never run it on a Mac through any means whatsoever. With the patch everything always worked out well with me, plus there is a program out there called Jenova, which is a save editor in which you can edit practically anything you want, which is excellent for replaying, getting around things you don't want to do in the game (like actually playing the games in the Golden Saucer for the points or whatever they are that are needed to fight there, which you must do to get some cool Materia and Cloud's Omnislash).

Again, definitely recommend doing this.

13. sixstorm macrumors regular

Has anyone tried to play FF7 under Boot Camp? I'm hoping this will work alright with the patches and all . . .

14. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I'm sure the PC version will run under bootcamp. Although I remember the PC port being a pretty sad port job (the background graphics were never re-rendered and looked terrible)... how much is a PSone going for these days though? I think you can pick one up for like $20 if you look hard enough.

15. kksolano macrumors member

kksolano

Can you copy and pase the BIOS please.. ( i trust people on here more then anywhere else) i've got pcsx.. got my FFvII.. got the film! locked and loaded..

16. kksolano macrumors member

kksolano

Ffvii

What does everyone think about Advent children!?
    IT ROCKED!!! looked great on my new 20" iMac... Would love to see the movie in HD. That would melt my eyeballs.