Where do i go to download music

Discussion in 'Community' started by B2TM little bro, Sep 25, 2002.

1. B2TM little bro macrumors member

2. B2TM little bro thread starter macrumors member

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i'm using limewire right now, but i dont really like it, cause its really slow. is acquisition any better?

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I would say so, give it a go.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I prefer Limewire to aquisition but it is just an opinion. There is more selection with LimeWire. Acquisition has a much better interface, and it downloads faster (sometimes).

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Usually Acquisition works better for me than Limewire. Limewire's interface ***** ***** **** compared to Acquisition's more OS X -like design. Plus, Limewire doesn't f*** up on me as easily as Acquisition when dealing with selecting options, moving through navigation quickly, etc.

I also find Acquisition to occassionally find me the right results I'm looking for, but Limewire can go Vice Versa.

There are a few others, such as Drumbeat, which requires a fee, Neo, which doesn't have as many files, and Kazaa (or whatever) for the PC [​IMG] Mac, which seems to be very popular among PC users, and a few Mac users.

7. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

I prefer limewire cuz it just isnt music files. its programs and video (yeah i know im setting myself up on the video note, but o well...) and such also

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i guess i'm oldschool, i use IRC for this. hey, it survived the napster snafu. get yourself an IRC client, connect to irc.undernet.net channel #mp3passion, and learn a few basic commands, you'll be getting MP3 dcc's in no time...

:)
    pnw

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

After downloading/using the new version of Acquisition, I change my mind. Acquisition is just as good as Limewire. Limewire is only just as good because there is more non-music stuff. I just downloaded the new Disturbed album, for 'test-purposes', and burned it in less then 15 minutes. I did download and burn Nickleback 'Silver Side up' in 15 minutes on Limewire though... I think Acquisition is better music wise, but all in all, they are tied.

10. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

i find those types of P2p things that require typing in server names and numbers to be quite annoying...

11. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The extra effort of Hotline and IRC are often worth it. Besides, it's not really that a big a deal to type in a server name.

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I am trying out this IRC thing, but I cant seem to do anything once I am in a channel... Help? What are like 3 commands I should know?

13. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

yeah gues im spoied by limewires "just type in what u want... we'll find the servers for you" type attitude.

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I wish I knew how to use IRC... Oh well, I give up... :(

:)

15. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

UGH!

One day out of the shop and you are searching the forums for help ;)

I told you not to worry about that. You do not know how to install the apps correctly and you will share you entire hard drive. The next time I come up I will help you configure the system with Limewire.

Now, that being said, go enjoy the 3,500 songs that are already on the eMac. :p

B2TM

16. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

LOL

that kinda funny. My sister is sharing her whole drive I think, but nobody can get to her stuff b/c of a firewall, so it doesn't matter. I feel for you BTTM, I have to help my sisters and my parents with the computer all the time... :D:D:D