Where do I launch Image Capture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by betterdays, Dec 24, 2006.

1. betterdays macrumors member

Nov 22, 2006
    Hi all

I'd love to follow the method in this post http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=197922

but I just can't seem to find Image Capture. Spotlight shows me several results, but none of them resemble what people describe. Especially the 2 .plist open in OmniOutliner (!?!)
    The folder called Image Capture contains nothing of interest.

Thanks for your help ;-)
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    The Image Capture app should be right in your Applications folder, it's a standard part of OS X.
  3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    Yep, just look in your Applications directory - it should be listed there (alphabetically hopefully!) as one of the many apps which has been pre-installed on your machine.
  4. betterdays thread starter macrumors member

Nov 22, 2006
    thanks guys for the info. I knew something wasn't right: nothing called Image Capture in the Applications folder. The only "image capture" Spotlight can find is a folder, located directly at the root of Macintosh HD, which contains 2 subfolders "Devices" (contains a file "Epson scanner") and "Twain data sources" is empty.

How is that possible? Can a refurb'd Mac not come "reset to unopened settings"? could the previous owner have deleted Image Capture?? (come to think of it, could these be hidden/system files and I need to enable something to see them?)
  5. betterdays thread starter macrumors member

Nov 22, 2006
    False alarm. The method had the english name (of Image Capture) and all I had to do is look for the french equivalent. Just when I thought it would be an app name that doesn't get translated much like a trademark...!

Thanks anyway. Maybe we could delete this thread to avoid junk content ;-)