where do imac's ship from?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mackaveli, Aug 24, 2005.

1. mackaveli macrumors regular

hi, my brother purchased the 17" iMac on aug 12 (friday), and he told me they shipped the imac the next week, not sure on the date yet though. The imac is getting delivered to my address cause he lives in a condo. I live in Alberta, Canada but i got my Powermac much faster then this. The imac was BTO btw. Do they ship from California* (not sure if thats the right place i think thats where my Powermac came from or somewhere close) or do they ship from somewhere else and thats why theres a delay?

thanks.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

When two iMacs love each other a whole lot, one iMac lays next to the other iMac....

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

My BTO iMac came from China... then it went to Alaska... then the East Coast... and then finally way northern Cali, and finally to me! That was in late May/ early June 2005?

4. macdon401 macrumors 6502

macdon401

very funny, sometimes this forum can use a bit more humour! LOL

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

My BTO Mini came from Shenzen China, to Anchorage Alaska, to Indanapolis Indiana, then to San Bruno California and on to my house!

Ed

6. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

My BTO iMac G5 20" came from Shenzen China, to Anchorage Alaska, to Indanapolis Indiana, then to Toronto, then it took two days to make it across town to my office.

I'd expect yours to route the same, then Edmonton after Toronto.

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Same thing with my Powerbook pretty much:

China -> Alaska -> Indianapolis -> On to the destination, wherever that is in NOrth America.

Seems the route they all take.

8. Yellowdog07 macrumors newbie

where do imac's ship from?

According to my ups tracking, said "US" on day I ordered my iMac, then Nashville TN right away. Couldn't have come from china, too quick...