Where do saved photos go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Jan 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

When I see a pic that I hold down it only says save photo. It doesn't tell me where, like camera roll. So I go to camera roll and its not there.

Where can it be? Unless I'm not allowed to save it.

2. macrumors 6502

It saves to your camera roll.

3. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I have had the same thing happen, and like you it does not go to the camera roll. It goes no where that I can find.

What you can do is take a screen shot (hold sleep button and home button at same time) and that will be saved to the camera roll.

4. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

From what app are you trying to save? If its an app like tumblr, it may have asked you for access to your photos. If you said NO, you can save all day, and it won't get saved.

This is new to ios 6

5. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

That may be it, it is from tumbler accessed from a web browser though not a tumbler app.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

It's Facebook. I wanted to save a pic from my buddies photos. I ended up doing screen shot but not sure if my settings aren't set up to save pics from Facebook.

7. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

In the Facebook app, hold on the photo to open it by itself. Notice at the upper right corner is the envelope with the arrow. Tap that and the Save Image pop-up will allow you to save it to your Camera Roll.

If this is what you've been doing and it hasn't worked, something's wrong.

I should point out that I'm talking about the regular stand-alone Facebook app (I don't sign into Facebook in Settings built into iOS 6.)

8. macrumors member

I have found that you need to hold down the "save" button for several seconds, not just a quick tap. At first I had the same problem.