Where do the mac heads live?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacAztec, Mar 4, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I am a total mac head, and I live in Palm Springs, California. I was wondering where everyone else is from, and if they have ever been here. Does anyone live near this place?

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

from where I hail...

New Orleans.....of course it's in my description...

I've visited caliornia but never had the pleasure to live out there :(

3. newmanium macrumors member

Glendale, california ROCKS!! :: hangs head in shame::

4. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

You can see where a lot of people are from just by looking at their info or postings.

I went to CA once. I had a lot of fun, not sure if I'd want to live there, but if that's where I get a job I like or something similar I'd move.

I'm a East coast man, just can't understand some things on the west coast...like high school "campuses" and pools everywhere, and no snow. Weird...though Steve lives their...thats cool, I'd like to visit him. :)

5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Haha. There are swimming pools everywhere because where I live, it gets up to 135 degrees in the summer!

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

a gay arse town called kingsville texas....near corpus christi.

by the way eyelikeart...what school do you go to?

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

San Diego baby! Gotta love these 70 - 80 degree days we've been having...[gloating]

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Mac_User

I love it, but the traffic is getting to be almost as bad as where you are;) .

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm attending the University of New Orleans (UNO)...

currently I'm seeing how the schools are in Oklahoma City for my move later this year....

btw....yes being connected through a school network will affect others being able to access your system... ;)

10. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Melbourne Australia. Or Mel-borne Or-strail-ee-ah as everyone in the US seems to like to call it. It rocks here. Aussies rule :)

(Come on Aussies, back me up!) ;)

11. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

How about a sub-thread: What schools do the mac heads attend?

I'm a part-time student at San Diego State University, getting my BA in French, minor in Spanish. I'll be entering the Master's degree program in Educational Technology this fall.
    BTW, I do work full-time as the head tech for a language lab, so don't think my user info is bogus.:p

12. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Considering I'm in San Francisco, I'm sure there's a joke to be made about "gay arse" towns, but I'm too sleepy to come up with it right now.

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Yeah, silly us. Of course it's MEHLbun AhSTRAILyer. ;)

14. iapple macrumors regular

I live in...

I'm a Japanese Mac user, in Yokohama to be precise. We've been Mac users since the Color Classic II, Performas, Power Macintosh, and we now have two iBook 500s, a Powerbook G4 667, and an older iMac 333MHz Blueberry.

Japan has far less apps for Mac than the US, so I get many of my apps from the net, but it's painful since I only have a 56k dialup... (IT'S HELL!!!) but next month I'll be getting DSL!!! HORRAY!!

Anyway, I wish they would open retail stores in Japan too... The corner of stores with Macs are SAD!! There's one Powermac with Mac OSX 10.0.3 (NOT EVEN 10.1, those PC freaks!) with hardly any mouse space!

But I put up with it, because I believe Macs are the best, and I'm not going to give into the Windows XP taunting every time I walk in a PC store! I am a music guy, and Macs are the way to go! I know! Also, the Firewire and video stuff on the Mac is the best! A Dell at school has an IEEE 1394 port, but it doesn't work with Adobe Premier (NO SOUND!!!) We worked with it for an hour, but nothing happened... And next door in the music studio (these jerks use a Mac for music, but a PC for video! they're nuts!) a music teacher is editing footage on iMovie! It was like an Apple commercial, in real life!

15. iflyguns macrumors newbie

16. resm macrumors 6502

far from California

originaly from Switzerland living since 1980 in South East Asia and for the last 10 years in Singapore.

and you bet its warm here :D

17. GyroFX macrumors 6502

SD

San Diego, attending UCSD. I'm a third year student majoring in Media.

18. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

japan

tokyo, to be precise. i am fully indian (as in from india), but I have lived here all my life. And I go to a catholic school (im not catholic), and have been brought up in an american environment... so i know all 3 cultures. I can also speak all 3 languages perfectly (Hindi, Japanese, English)... although I need to get some typing lessons...:p

By the way, you japanese macheads out there, if you're ever in Roppongi, drop by some time.:)

irmongoose

19. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm returning to school after a 4 year exile...unfortunate for me I screwed a round lots while I was younger....but I suppose it makes for a more serious attitude the second time around? ;)

so what exactly is educational technology?

20. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

As my thing says, A tiny Spec in New Jersey! Near Trenton:)

21. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Location and School.

I live in Chicago working for a firm trading options, commodities and futures.

I went to school at Michigan Technological University and studied pure computer science (not that I'm being an 'pure' elitest here, I just mean not management information systems or the likes--just pure CS) with a focus in mathematics.

Matthew

22. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Good question, eye. EdTech started out as WWII video training lessons in the '40s, and has progressed from there into everything from corporate training to software design for kindergarteners.
    We learn everything from analysis of learning problems to studying motivation and environmental problems. And when we're not stuck with theory, we get to do some hands-on multimedia design.

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my girlfriend has a double minor....one part being in Spanish....she got to spend some time in Salemanca in the summer of 2000 which she really enjoyed....

educational technology sounds like it can be quite a bit interesting...

my next question is....what are u going to do with it? :cool:

24. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I originally come from Sussex in England but now I live in Yorkshire (still in England)

Ensign

25. theranch macrumors 6502

in a house

actually... New Jersey...near Atlantic City.