Where do videos go when imported with iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lamina, Mar 19, 2006.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I have a digital camera that can also record videos. iPhoto imported them, but I can't find where it put them. Any ideas?

2. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

[[[[Spotlight says...my Music Folder :) So, the same place the rest of your iTunes files go. I've changed the default, but if you haven't, your iTunes music folder is nested neatly (and unecessarily) inside your Home directory's Music folder.]]]] <-load of crap

Edit...Whoa! I wasn't paying attention. I somehow switched "iTunes" with "iPhoto"...don't ever read my replies again. Instead, read what gekko wrote (et al). I was thinking imported videos from iTunes...ugh I can't multitask near as well as I used to....:eek:
    The only thing useful that I mentioned was going to a default folder, and if you have OSX 10.4+, use Spotlight to track down filenames. Sorry for the confusion...that I introduced.

3. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

4. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Tip: You normally don't need to know where iPhoto put them. If you need the video just drag it from iPhoto to wherever you need it or drag it to a Finder window to put a copy of it there.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is this with iPhoto 06? Mine are in the Pictures folder inside the iPhoto library, along with all the iPhoto still images. Inside the dated folder structure, like...

2006/03/13/

Is a thumbnail jpg, and an originals folder, containing the AVI.

(These are movies imported with iPhoto from a PowerShot.)