where do you buy Mac software?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Foxer, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Until recently, I thought the only places to get software was the Apple Store and CompUSA (and Half Price Books, but that's not standard retail). I'm too impatient to buy much software online, but i know there are several places on the net to go as well.

A couple months ago I was in a few Targets in North Carolina and noticed they sold Mac software. I can cofirm this, because I bought some. Nothing too hot, and not a huge amount, but the section of the aisle was clearly labled "Macintosh." Now I go to Target with some regularity, and here in the midwest, it's PC software only. I've also been to LA and Dallas Targets in the past month, and they're PC only as well.

Any explanation for this? Any other oddball places we've found for Mac software?

2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Go to your local university an/or collage bookstores.
    You don't have to be a student to purchace software, but the discount may only apply if you have the proper kind of ID.

3. pdham macrumors member

I see you arein Milwaukee (my home town).... Here at UW-Madison you can get a fairly resonably priced software even if you are not a student. If you want me to check out a price on something just let me know.

Paul

4. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

My school hardly has any software, mostly because out new bookstore is not complete yet. We do, however, have Office for $13.75 for students. Excellent deal. I bought one. :D

Software availibility differs from school to school, so make sure the school you're considering visiting has software to sell you.

5. unc32 macrumors regular

internet. Amazon is great place because they usually have education editions which are greatly discounted.

6. noel4r macrumors 6502a

7. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

Re: where do you buy Mac software?

KDX, HL, carracho

i spend my $ on HW

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

CompUSA, Apple Store, various online stores, or the school bookstore.

I did buy some Macintosh software at one SuperTarget, but they didn't have much and then it was gone quickly. Of course, the hybrid CD-ROMs you can get anywhere.

9. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Re: where do you buy Mac software?

I have seen some Mac software at target in the midwest, but mainly games if I remember correctly.