Where do you buy your Apple Products online?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by redAPPLE, May 18, 2003.

1. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i guess some of you would say, the Apple Store.

ok. cool. but there are other online stores, out there. some of them are cheaper and some of them bundle other products.

i got some cousins in old europe :p who would like to buy products online.

i would like to hear about your experiences and maybe if you guys know, if they ship to old europe.

thx.

2. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

try:

http://www.smalldog.com

or

http://www.clubmac.com

If they send it to your friend in Europe, customs will have to be paid... get it sent to you, and do the following:

- send the cables and the manual in a seperate package/envelope
    - peel all stickers off the package, and send the thing as a gift (maybe put a letter in that says "happy birthday, blahblahblah..?")

it might work, but they might charge your friend customs... worked fine for me

vSpacken

3. redAPPLE thread starter macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

u would suggest not sending the original packaging?

4. TonicAngel macrumors regular

I bought my 17" imac (woo finally switching :D ) from macwarehouse because they didn't charge me sales tax. Which alone saves me over a hundred bucks. :p

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I go to dealmac.com and search for the best prices, and buy from the cheapest place. :)

6. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

it just has to look like a gift.

if it looks like someone ordered something from the US, customs will be charged.
    take out the invoice, the cables and the manual, maybe scribble over the prints on the outer box in which the apple/linksys/whatever box came with a marker, or wrap the outer box in wrapping paper and draw some flowers on there with crayons... just make it look like a gift. if you don't, customs will think it's for resale and charge your friend...

oh, and don't forget to declare it as a gift, when you send it off ;) my roommate forget that, when he sent something home for x-mas. german customs charged his parents fifty bucks, just for candy, cds, a simpsons boardgame and some toys...

vSpacken