where do you get posters

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by johnkrz, Aug 5, 2004.

1. macrumors member

Jun 30, 2004
    i always wondered where you get those apple posters. they gotta be free sometime. thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

Feb 13, 2002
    You can get them at the end of the expos, or when the stores are done using them. You can also find them on ebay and at http://www.redlightrunner.com.
  3. macrumors 68040

4. macrumors member

Jul 4, 2004
    Connecticut, USA
    Gotta be free sometime? THEY WERE ALL ORIGINALLY FREE!!!
    Why the caps & exclamations? Check out the prices of the "Think Different" posters at Redlightrunner. They were originally distributed free to practically every school in the country, 5 different celebs per mailing tube --- they hardly can be considered to be rare!

But here we go: Almost all are over $100.00; Buzz Aldrin $300.00, Einstein $300.00, Richard Feynman $400.00, Dalai Lama $500.00 !!! And other collectables, like store displays, go for considerably more.

Last time I checked, eBay had an almost endless supply of Apple poster auctions; so many auctions of so many available copies of the relatively small number of different styles made. Huge supply, but even more huge demand! --- all auctions were fiercely fought and running up to huge sums!!! And all were originally free. Even cut-from-magazine print ads and tiny store handout sheets are auctioned successfully on eBay.

Members of this site don't seem to be aware of, or at least don't seem to mention, the rabid fanaticism of many people for all things Apple. (A recent poster sold a large lot of posters in a single batch, including Buzz Aldrin, which I've never seen on eBay, for almost nothing. I'm sorry I didn't clue him in to ask for more.)

Even Steve Jobs (Get well, Steve) doesn't seem to appreciate this incredible enthusiasm/worship/fanbase, when he pulls Apple out of Macworld. Normally, Macworld is followed by a worldwide buzz and demand to bid on and buy on ebay the free posters given out by Apple and snapped up by people who attend just for that purpose. This year? Nothing. No Keynote streamed into Apple stores with fans packed in like sardines, no collectable posters to intensify rabid fan loyalty. What a mistake & waste of almost free marketing.

Dougintosh.com is another poster-selling website, but I've never bought anything there.

Good luck finding some nice posters! I hope you can get some for free! (They are plastered over the walls of school computer labs all over the country; maybe someone is doing a Summer cleaning . . . CompUSA has Apple reps, & they change posters & displays all the time . . . Authorized service facilities [do they still have those?] seem to always have posters on their walls . . .) Don't steal any!
  5. macrumors 6502a

Nov 19, 2003
    I remember the school I went to in London for the past six months had some really nice Apple posters up, like the first iPod one and a few of the think different posters--I totally wanted to jack one, but I knew I'd have trouble fitting things in my bags to go back to the states anyway....let alone a giant poster (there might have been some moral issue in there somewhere...hmmm).

Apple seems to be an expert in supply & demand despite their marketshare...just look at the iPod.
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2004
    "or when the stores are done using them..."

What are you proposing? Do you actually know a way to get stuff from the Apple Stores? I would think that all the employees get the extra stuff...