where do you like to study with your ibook/pb?

Discussion in 'Community' started by WillMak, Sep 16, 2005.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    I'm developing a bad habit of studying in coffeeshops. I don't like studying @home, it's too distracting and I like having people around.
  2. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    Other than printing out the notes I've taken, I don't need my 'books to study... in fact, I'd be much too tempted to plant my virtual butt on MR instead of studying. Now if I'm just doing school 'stuff'... hm, then I'll just go to this one boba/pearl milk tea coffee house.
  3. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Right behind you.
    *sigh* if only I could go mobile. This g4 is too hard to tote around in my backpack :(
  4. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    Boba is so so so good. I need to try that sometime!
  5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I'm doing more and more study from bed. It's really warm. Mmm...

Otherwise, I use a coffee shop/cafe or whatever. I'm a bit of a coffee addict so it kinda fits really well. :)
  6. iQuit macrumors 6502a

May 13, 2005
    boba? I have a place called Bobaliscious here...with tapioca balls....it is the best. It is a chill spot....couches....wifi and 2 pcs....old school donkey kong arcade machine....gatorade...smoothies...bobas...and other stuff including snow cones. also magazines and board games. My favorite drink is avacada...but I HATE avacado...just I tried it and it's good...it has vanilla and milk and some other things and it is sweeet. :D
  7. iQuit macrumors 6502a

May 13, 2005
    also in my computer desk/office thing in my room.
  8. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Mar 30, 2004
    Coffee shops are dangerous... :rolleyes: Lol.

At the library usually. I thought about bringing my 17" to my 700 person lecture, that was until I realized there was about one inch of clearance between us, and the girl next to me was drinking soda.
  9. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Coffee shops all the way!

I do most of my studying in coffee shops. Mainly because I like to do 4-6 hr study stints and so coffee is a must. I usually hang out at the Dymocks bookstore in Broadway (Sydney) because they have a Gloria Jeans in there - food and coffee! They also have lots of tables and comfy seats.

The library is too sterile
  10. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Jul 4, 2004
    If it gave me the opportunity to study wherever I wanted?

Maybe one of the great libraries of the world, whichever the great libraries are. With too much information to gloss over I may not reach a reasonable deadline though.

Let's see; Athens, Library of Congress, the local library, and the internet. The internet may be, or become the best library we have. You can always find more on the internet, which is a problem at times.
  11. r6girl Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Sep 6, 2003
    no studying for me - it's been a long time since i finished college and i'm not currently taking any classes, but i do like to hang out in coffee shops and take care of my backlog of personal email, sort and tag photos, clean up my playlists and itunes library, etc. i do have a t-mobile wifi account that i use when at a starbucks or something, but there is a cafe near my house that offers free wifi. it's an independent (non-chain) coffee house and they do sandwiches and smoothies - i really should hang out there more often to support them. i'd spend more time at barnes & noble or borders in their cafe sections, but they're always so crowded!
  12. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    I usually take my PB to the library or to our on campus "Underground Coffeehouse." At times though it is just too tempting to surf the web when I really need to study my Art History.

At times I wish we did not have this instant access of information and instead we actually would have to look information up in books. Those books on the library shelves are looking quite lonely every-time I pass them.
  13. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2004
    I'm lucky enough to have a share of an office in the library...so I do most of my studying from that office with my iBook hooked up to a nice, big LCD that Harvard has, for some reason, given me. Comfy and no distractions (such as people, noise, TV, refrigerator, etc).
  14. sprstu macrumors member

Apr 27, 2005
    white bear lake, mn
    I pirate free wireless latenight form a closed coffee house down the block from my apt. I do buy stuff there 2-3 times a week, so im not a total mooch. And besides, if they leave it on all night, then why not? Im not costing them any more money than if they were open or not. It is free.
  15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

Oooh, boba... I love it!

and I don't need to study with my PB.

usually it's just dumb school projects, like whip together something in iMovie/iDVD or Grapher. Takes 10 minutes, get an A+.

**the grapher project took 13 hours, though. THAT WAS HORRIBLE. Never again will I write something out in cursive, only using functions.. Oh, my poor, overworked brain!