WHERE does a squirrel hide his nuts — all 2,000 of them?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mitthrawnuruodo, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Awww... :D

I remember once reading an article in 'Omni' (is that still around?) about how squirrels had superb mapping & memory abilities... this little guy's wasting his talents.

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Haha, thats awesome. I mean, bad squirrel! I had a chicken that use to get in a tree above my house and throw nuts on the roof all night.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Well at least I have a safe area where I hide my nuts. :D

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm pretty sure Omni has been out of print for a decade or more - too bad, because it was a lot of fun to read. :(

And this is the third thread involving nuts I've seen so far today. Some of the quotes:
    sound all too familiar.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It's good to have some funny news to discuss. The poor squirrel was just storing up for winter. Had the car been in a junk lot, the squirrel would have been golden with his storage spot. :D

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

over the past couple days I have read 5 threads on nuts. Most of them werent this kind though ;)

7. neut macrumors 68000

neut

haven't heard about that mag in awhile ... i used to read my dads issues as a kid.

cute squirrel story; little ****ers dimpled my 71 Chevelle! though, i deserved it ... i ran one over once. :(

peace.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title... Thinking to myself, "Oh, this can't be good." But it's thankfully about nuts this time and not any part of the male anatomy.

9. Zazette macrumors newbie

When I was young, I used to have electric lines over my pool and when I woke up in the morning, I realised that a squirrel had felt from the wire in the pool during the night and drown because I found it lifeless little body floating on top of the water. It was happening like once every summer and each time I was floaded with pity for the poor animal. Of course, I was not the one having to take the cadaver out of the water...

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I appreciated this type of interest story. It brought some well needed comic relief, a nice smile. :D