where does everyone shop for clothes?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Mar 9, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i am into the simple, utilitarian look, so mervyn's or target are quite ok...if macy's has a sale, i will get something there

but the edie bauer (sp?), saks fifth avenue, and land's end clothes...while nice...are too much for my budget

my wife makes sure i get good shoes though...dkny dress shoes, rockports, and carolina boots

...but i would rather buy computer related stuff
  2. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    You mean where don't I shop for clothes.[​IMG]

I'll go just about everywhere, from JC Penny's to trade shops in downtown Santa Cruz.

Haven't been shoppping for awhile though, I'm due for some more goodies.[​IMG]

3. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i would never buy pants for over 20 dollars unless i really really liked them and i'd never by a shirt for over 12 unless i really like it. i shop at wherever i can get something in just plain colors...not crappy logos or anything like that. i don't have any particular bias towards a store, but then i hardly ever go shopping...maybe once every year or two
  4. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    whereever i can find stuff the cheapest.

if i'm going for namebrand s**t then northface, patagonia, dockers, or random polo shirts.

i really don't care all that much where i shop, so long as it's comfortable and i like it.
  5. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    everywhere. literally everywhere BUT abercrombie & fitch-i hate their stuff :p
  6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    usually wherever has something I like...

but I tend to go for Banana Republic often...their clothes fit me best...being short & all... ;)

as for shoes...Doc Martens...Sketchers...Adidas...
  7. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    theres a resell shop not far from my home for all the clothes used on tv and movie productions. quite a bit of it is unworn and still has the tags...at most its been worn once.

example: a new pair of blundstone 550 boots for $20.00.

the list goes on and on...

i think i'm finally past my t-shirt, shorts, barefoot stage.

8. medea macrumors 68030

Aug 4, 2002
    Madison, Wi
    mostly Bananna Republic, Men's Express and the Gap.
  9. guitargeek macrumors regular

Feb 20, 2003
    I REALLY want to go to Men's Warehouse, it sounds like a great place.

Most of my clothes come from two places: 1) Concerts. I tend to wear a lot of band T-shirts... 2) Macy's. My girlfriend works there and get's a 20% discount, which is nice.

I just go for whatever is cheapest, though. Abercrombie, American Eagle, etc, are all WAY overpriced, trendy, and ugly.
  10. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    South Dakota, USA
    Where do you think I shop? I like A&F for fun stuff and American Eagle. I shop at Eddie Bauer for clothes that I wear for work. Eddie Bauer is not that expensive, they have excellent sales. I also like Herberger's and Yonkers. They are regional department stores here in the mid-west. TJ Maxx has a few nice things sometimes for very little. I guess it depends my mood.

The only store that I refuse to shop at anymore is Wal-Mart and that goes for everything. If I want hard-line goods I shop at Sears. If I have to shop at a discount store I shop Target or Kmart. Wal-Mart has the same business stratgy that M$ has, try and run everyone out of business with junk.
  11. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I wear white undershirts exclusively, and my friends make fun
    of me all the time for it. I get them anywhere and everywhere.
    I just like plain white shirts. I usually shop at Old Navy, or
    Oshman's. Actually - I never shop. :rolleyes: ;) :D
  12. mc68k macrumors 68000

Apr 16, 2002
    mervyns and gap

blue jeans and plain blue shirts. get up, get dressed go to work/school with minimal thinking involved. saves time too.
  13. Judo macrumors regular

Mar 6, 2002
    New Zealand
    yeahh Jelloshot :)
    Me too. you can find some real jems sometimes.
    I usually end buying about five things everytime I go in but I just end up wearing one of them so i take the others back.
    Sometimes the opshop down the road from me has a half price sale aswell. Makes me feel like I'm ripping them off.
    $2 dollar shirts for half price. :p
    Seems kinda wrong.
  14. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2003
    My wife makes most of our clothes herself, no joke. I dont think she owns an article of clothing that she or her mother did not personaly make. Just about everything I wear she has made, except for a lot of my t-shirts.

I keep asking her to make a quilt with the macrumors logo on it for Arn, but she is working on too many projects right now. I'll try to get her to do it later on in the year. She realy is extremly talented.
  15. iAlan macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002
    Tommy Hilfiger, GAP, **** and CK. I guess I spend too much money on clothes, but I like to look nice. The only thin I spend more money on are my Macs......

Oh well, it is only money after all...
  16. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    hmmmm..... I used to shop at SU214, now I frequent lot's of skate and snowboard shops.... or sites like Dirty Habit also army surplus for combats.

I quite like DKNY for smart stuff or ****, they occasionally go funky sh*t.... UNIQLO and Muji also get abit of attention for understated, non label stuff!!

I design and print my own T-shirts though.... so I always have a relatively unique look about me!!

Aprons are also cool.....
  17. iAlan macrumors 65816

Dec 11, 2002
    Hey iGAV, not sure if you know this but both UNIQLO and MUJI are Japanese companies. Muji have a whole lot of stuff - furniture, cooking utensils, food, stationary, electronic devices, storage boxes, bedding..the list goes on.

Anyway, as for non-label stuff, MUJI has become the non-designer designer brand, the non-labe label. I must admit I have alot of MUJI stuff around my apartment...
  18. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Yep I know..... only the Japanese could come up with something so cool!!

I'm itching to be able to afford to buy my own place so I can kit it out with MUJI's finest!!!

MUJI and Apple just go together sooooooooooo... well!!!

I've also got a MUJI apron, like what the staff wear, it's so cool..... apart from making me look like I work in a shop!! heh heh!!

Just incase some people are wondering what on earth MUJI and UNIQLO are... check these out!!

in english

or in english

19. daniel77 macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2002
    seattle, wa
    Re: where does everyone shop for clothes?

american Eagle, Abercrombie, JC Penney, Old Navy (for boxers)
  20. daniel77 macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2002
    seattle, wa

"you're going to hate the way you look. I guarantee it."
  21. bcsimac macrumors 6502

Nov 4, 2002
    Bolivar, TN
    clothes shopping

I have be honest and say I really don't shop for clothes for myself all that often. Most of my t-shirts either came from Apple or came from vendors. Everytime Apple put out a new product, I got a new t-shirt. The Apple PowerRep would give one pretty regularly. I got some from the HP rep, Caere Rep, Adobe Rep, 3COM Rep, and Epson Rep. I got some while at MacWorld Expo......Starnine, Apple, MacAddict, MacWorld, Adobe, MacToday, Global Village, Virmage, Microsoft (ick!). I got hats from Apple. I got bookbags from Apple, Seybold Seminars, and HP. I got Sweatshirts from HP. Polo shirts from Apple.

I have bought a few t-shirts at Christian bookstores. I did buy an NBA replica jersey from Champs Sporting Goods. My fiancee' bought some stuff from Christian bookstores, Old Navy, and Dillards. My mom buys stuff for me from places like Sears, JC Penney, Macy's (occassionally), and Filene's Basement(a Boston area store). Mom used to get stuff for me at the Salvation Army store, ValuCity, and Kmart. My aunt gets me things at Kaufmans and Walmart. Grandpa used to get me stuff from Ames and Walmart.
  22. TEG macrumors 604

Jan 21, 2002
    Langley, Washington
    Hard Question to Answer... It depends on where I am.

In Canada:

The Bay, Sears

West Coast US,

Navy Exchange (NEX), Fred Meyer, The Bon Marche (Macy's\Bloomingdales NW Cousin), Sears, Target.

Midwestern US

Target, Marshall Fields, Sears.

I'm a little apprehentious about shopping at Old Navy, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, or Aero Postale..... Although I'm in that generation, I don't seem to feel right about going there to shop.

23. Pismo macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2002
    Outdoors type anyone?

I love shopping at Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS).