Where has your Apple Computer Been in the world???

Discussion in 'Community' started by liketom, Feb 8, 2005.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i'm just about to go off for a month to USA and NZ and my trusty Mac (iBook at mo) will be going with me -

so

anyone here got any weird places where they have taken there Mac?? ie North Pole/top of Everest stuff like that

thinking about it i bought my iBook to take everywhere but in fact i have not taken it out of the house that much ?? weird !

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I bought my iBook for my time in the Peace Corps, so it lived in Siberia as long as I did (1.5 years) until the RF government figured out I was a spy. It's also travelled across Europe. It did fine on fluctuating current, survived cold weather and suspensionless bus rides, and is still going strong after 3.5 years. I'm just about to pack it up and take it to school, in fact.

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i take it wheerever i go :) cept he bathroom hehe

4. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

i often take my Book to the Loo lol surfing ebay wile on the Crapper is a wonderfull thing lol .....just do not use it in the shower !

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I'v taken my pb everywhere in the city with me, I don't often travel with it though unless I need to.

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

My powerbook has been to Boston, New York, San Fransico, Eureka CA, Lake Tahoe, London, Paris(inculding disney land!), Prague, Amsterdam, Frankfurt and all over the UK really.

I wish It took me along!!! :p

7. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

my powerbook has been to:

Netherlands (that's where it lives)
    USA (primarily boston area)
    Belgium
    Germany
    France
    Switzerland
    Indonesia
    Singapore (only in the airport, for the free internet access

That's it I think.

It rarely leaves my desk now, because I'd have to drag around a seperate monitor with it!

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

New York (Connecticut, Long Island)
    Miami
    Caracas - Venezuela
    Margarita Island - Venezuela
    Hannover - Germany
    Brandenburg - Germany

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

My house & my workplace, very boring so far, but I have only had the PB a little while.

10. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

I tried that once...... :eek:

11. matthutch macrumors regular

Hong Kong > All over the UK > France > Switzerland > Italy > Germany > Austria > France again > London > New York > LA > Sydney, Australia > Perth, Australia.
    Perth > Hong Kong (new logic board put in here) > Perth

plus all around perth.

EDIT:

And my G5 has gone from Hong Kong > Perth

12. mrjikey macrumors member

mrjikey

My ibook has only been on one side of Washington to the other side of it :(

13. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

My current Albook has only lived with me here in Hawaii and gone on trips to San Francisco, Cedar Rapids, and Dallas, TX. Ahh, but my old Tibook came with me to Australia, New Zealand, Kadavu (Fiji), New Britain Island (Papua New Guinea) and all over the US.

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Various places in Europe - Germany/Netherlands/Spain/France - and several places in the UK. Basically, if I'm going to be away for 3-4 days and likely to have to spend time in a hotel room on my own with just a TV set for company, then my Powerbook's going with me - particularly if I know there's likely to be free/cheap hi-speed access.

It's also been used in San Francisco, Houston, Washington, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Green Bay, St Louis and various points in between. Perhaps we should treat them like the old travelling trunks and get 'visitor' stickers... :p

The most fun place I've had it was at SBC Park in San Francisco this year. My hotel room was being changed so I wasn't comfortable leaving it at the hotel so it ended up coming to the ballpark with me where I discovered they had wifi access. I had a lot of fun emailing friends stuck back home between innings. :)

15. emw macrumors G4

emw

Mine has been across the US and Europe, as well as South America. It's held up well, despite various bus rides, security checks, and cab rides.

Although the most dangerous place continues to be my house with a 4 year old and a 15 month old around...

16. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I've only dragged my iBook locally around Bergen (except for a couple of trips to Høyanger, about 3 hours from Bergen by car and ferry). So except for the iBooks trip from Taiwan, through Luxembourg and Holland to Norway when I bougth it from AppleStore, it hasn't really been around...

17. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

hmm...i usually just use my mac at my desk, but when i go on a school trip in a few weeks im gonna bring it to watch movies on the bus, and it's nice to have such a portable mac so that i can take it whereever i go :p

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I guess I can answer my Mac has been to both the US and the UK. My trusty G5 has lived on my desk since I got it... however, it was shipped over from the States.

I have a romanticised (and entirely inaccurate) mental image of the box tied to the deck of a cargo vessel, braving Atlantic storms on its intrepid journey over here. Please don't spoil that for me. ;)

19. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

My PB has been to Bellingham, Everett, Seattle once (never even took it out of my bag), and Vancouver, WA.

That's about it for me. Not much excitement there.

20. jnicolso1 macrumors member

Powerbook travels

My 1.25 15" pb has been to Dili, the JDPA, London, Dallas, Houston, Skye, Edinbrugh, Singapore, Los Angeles, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin, Alice Springs.
    My next machine, either 1.67 17" or a G5 depending on if I can control the impulse shopping urge untill it is released may be going to moscow and anchorage.
    My old SE went to melbourne and back to sale a few times, in the good old days when all you had to do was put it in a milk crate.

21. zach macrumors 65816

zach

My iBook's been in the West Bank, right next to a group of armed Palestinians glaring at some Israeli soldiers.

I can also say it's been in the world's largest city (Tokyo: approx 34 million people) and one of the smallest (Forest City, Maine: 6 people).

Somehow I take great pride in that.. XD.

22. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Hmmmm, lets see...

Lives in CT, been to
    NYC
    Florida (well, technically ever state between CT and FL) ;)
    Maine
    New Jersey
    Cape Cod
    Vermont
    Cancun, Mexico

I'm probably missing some...I pretty much take it wherever I go.

23. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

Well, I spend most of my time in a city in Ohio, and my PB has subleased my apartment from me and so far has been a good roomie.
    Apart from that it has been vacationing/business 'tripping' in:
    -New York City
    -Windsor, Canada
    -Toronto, Canada
    -Fort Myers Beach, FL
    -Los Angeles (+Santa Monica)
    -Las Vegas
    -Chicago
    -Germany
    -Copenhagen, Denmark
    -London, UK

24. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

My PB has been to the following places:

Walmart in West Monroe, Louisiana
    ULM <-- University of Louisiana @ Monroe (School)
    Orlando, Florida
    Universal Studios and TGI Fridays
    Branson, Missouri
    New Orleans, Louisiana

That's how far its been in 9 months, hopefully much farther in the near future.

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

One of my favorite spots and accompanying stories was with my pismo500 showing both Keynote and PowerPoint presentations on the mouth of the Amazon in Peru among the Shipibo Indians. I spent about an hour one afternoon helping the local leader in Pucalpa improve his PowerPoint transitions. Globalization is. ;)
    X