Where Have You Gone Isight???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TyleRomeo, Jan 3, 2007.

1. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

Okay so Apple just upped and canned their iSight, obviously for new displays with them built in at MWSF. But what about those who don't want to buy a $1000 screen in order to have an isight with our g4s and g5s. Is anyone selling the orginal isight for $150 anymore? I'm paying $300 on ebay for a used one.

Tyler

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There may be a replacement (lead free) iSight at MWSF. This has been covered. People are hoping for a HD iSight, with a smaller form factor.

3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Sellin mine for 120 :)

- Doc

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=265815

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

And possible USB since the built-in iSights are USB.

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

For that price I will sell you mine :eek:

6. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks guys, but i'd like a new one, since i always thought $150 for a VGA webcam is asking a lot, so i guess i'll cross my fingers at macworld, if there is a USB-2 based isight thats sleeker than the orginal, then great, but i can definately see apple just fading away the external option with isights built into every new mac display and not to mention the imacs and both laptops. That only leaves mac mini and mac pro people waiting, and apple can just say, "hey isight has been on the market for over 3 years now, if you haven't bought one now then you're not going to anyway".

7. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

No ACD will have an iSight in them. If Apple did, it would be a costly mistake

8. rinnin macrumors newbie

New iSights

I predict we will see new cleaner, greener iSights at MW07. Sure they'll have to be able to link it to the iTV so people can use iChat AV from their living room.
    Wonder what it'll look like?? Hmmm...;)

9. Joony macrumors regular

I can't even use the max resolution (640x480 @ 30fps) on the original iSight, much less an HD iSight :(

Need more upload bandwidth!!!

10. 173080 macrumors 6502

Yesterday I walked into CompUSA and asked the Apple representative if he had any iSights left.

I bought the model they had been using for display for $20. ;)

Its slightly dented but it works perfectly.

11. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Great suggestion. There have been rumors about an OS X Light for the iTV/iPhone. The mysterious USB port on the iTV have been predicted for iPod connectivity, and this would also be perfect, if this OS Light should include iChat:D