Where in the hell are they? [Wii]

Discussion in 'Games' started by thegreatluke, Nov 26, 2006.

1. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Well, I wanted to get my Wii today.

Looks like it's not happening.

Best Buy was supposed to get a shipment today but it looks like that vanished.

I know there are more threads on this, but I've looked everywhere.

Does anyone from the greater Philadelphia area know where I can get a Wii? I'm willing to go as far as Trenton but I can't really go farther.
    I called all the Gamestops/EB Games around here, no luck.
    I'm working on Targets and Wal-Marts and K-Marts right now.

Or if you just know that any specific store is getting shipments today nationwide or whatever, that would also help.

If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!

2. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

at least in my area the best buy ad stated they would
    have a minimum of 12. my friend needed one so we
    headed out there around 15 minutes prior to opening.
    there were around 40 people in line, but they were
    handing out tickets and we got one. i figure they had
    around 50 total.

take this into consideration that i called best buy last
    night and they stated they had 20. i went up there and
    the guy in the games dept. said they had none and he
    was sorry they told me that on the phone.

i figure some stores are just keeping their weekly
    replenishments til the weekend... just try next sunday.
    i recommend reading the best buy, circuit city and
    target ads online... they usually post around 4am
    sunday morning... then whichever store has them
    in their ad... be there pronto!!!

good luck getting controllers though... best buy said
    they have not gotten any since launch...

3. thegreatluke thread starter macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

ahh thank you!

i figured i could wait... that was a mistake.

thanks so much.

i guess i'll have to try next sunday.

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Someone on these forums said try calling Toys-R-Us in Times Square. I believe the guy said he had them ship the Wii to him? In fact, I think the guy was from Philly. Was that you? :eek:

Edit: On second though, it was iLunar. :)

5. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I did the same. Mine only had 39, and I was right around 45 in line. I was bummed. The walmart right by me had a half dozen wii motes in stock, though, but no wiis

6. thegreatluke thread starter macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

ooh, that's a good idea!

i'll have to try it.

thanks a lot. i've been calling around for almost three hours now.

7. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

ah, tis the curse of all consoles in their first season.

8. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

thegreatluke, Did you ever call Toys-R-Us? I'm just curious as to if they had any in stock. If not, did you end up getting a Wii somewhere else?

Kevin

9. thegreatluke thread starter macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Nope, they had none.

Fortunately, I found a small store here that could get one in for me, but unfortunately they haven't called back.

10. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

I was the one who called Toys R Us in Times Square. It was actually a suggestion from the Amazon.com forums. I called last Tuesday, and they shipped it the next day. I called them back today to get a UPS tracking number, and the scheduled delivery is today (Monday 11/27).

I'm hoping there is a Wii waiting for me when I get home from work today. :)

I could not find one anywhere in Center City. I tried a bunch of places in the Gallery and around Liberty Place. It seems Wii is very popular around Philly and its surrounding areas.

11. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

An update in case anyone was wondering:

I got the Wii! It was waiting for me when I got home, and its awesome. Toys R Us sent me an additional card with my receipt, and a thank you note for calling. I am mighty impressed with their service, and I would not hesitate to call/shop from the Times Square store again.

:D

12. thegreatluke thread starter macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Sweet!

Congrats, man.

Looks like just about every store around here is getting Wiis on Friday.

Does anyone know if EB Games/GameStop will hold Wiis for people?

13. paintballer macrumors regular

Well around here you can't just walk into a store and buy one. I don't know if it is different in your area but I had to camp out at walmart for 29 hours on launch to get mine.

14. winchest macrumors regular

I checked around a bunch of local stores here in NorCal. I learned that both Walmart and Best Buy will continue to keep Wiis in the back until their weekend ads are out. Walmart actually had some in the back, but said I should comeback and hope to get one on the weekend. Target was less friendly in letting me know what is going on...they indicated they would get another shipment between now and Christmas:)mad: )....I suspect they will also hold them in the back until the weekend for their weekly ads.

I guess lines are the way to go on Sundays....blah!

15. taco2004 macrumors member

I bought one today at my local Wal-Mart. They got a small shipment in today.

16. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

a Toysrus by me got some in today, but they said they were gone within an hour.

17. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Stopped by Target tonight - they told me to call in the morning when they open everyday. Seems like they have no prior knowledge of when they're getting them, and will have them out first come-first served in the mornings.

18. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Update: talked to Target again, they're sitting on them until Sunday at my local store. Probably the same elsewhere.

Looks like I have a couple of lines to choose from Sunday morning: Target @ 8 and Best Buy @ 10. Woot.

19. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

Wow, it amazes me, two weeks after launch and line ups still happen for this system :)

And here the Best Buy sales kid said the Wii wasn't going to be in demand like the PS3, so they would not have stock problems... :p

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Get there a few hours early. This past Sunday we had probably 50 people lined up at a smaller Best Buy in the boonies by the time they handed out tickets at 9:00. I arrived at 5:30AM and was still 20th.

21. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Sunday really seems to be the day. Circuit City has them advertised as 15 minimum per store starting this sunday- I believe Target, Best Buy, and Wallmart are all doing the same (quantities I am not sure about though).

I signed up for Vonage at Circuit City on black friday- free $200 gift card, instantly, so I will be going to Circuit City this sunday. :)

22. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Ouch. I'm not sure who's going to have more. The Best Buy had 60 last week, so I'd assume they'd have about the same this week - who knows how many Target will have. I'll probably swing by there first (around 6?) and see how the line looks and then go to Best Buy if it's more than 20.

My wife thinks I'm crazy for jumping through all these hoops...I'm beginning to think she's right. :p

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Good luck. Normally I'd say that the crowds would have calmed down by now, but both major shipments in the past two weeks (in the D.C. area) have sold out within 30 minutes of the store opening. Best not to underestimate. My friend and I were expecting it to be fairly empty at 5:30...imagine our surprise.

It's all in good fun, though. Make sure to get some controllers if they have them. They're real buggers to find. I might even suggest ordering them from Nintendo.com now. I ordered mine on the 20th and they shipped a couple of days ago from Redmond, WA and won't be here until Monday.

24. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Well it is the holiday season, it's not out of the ordinary if you want to get your hands on one of there babies. I think I might have to do some line waiting to get one. I don't want to hit the holiday break without one.