Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
The keyboard was not available. Only the smart cover. They blocked the shelf for where they will be but for now everything is empty. Looks like they are in the same boat as everone else. I wonder if this November 18th date has some relevance
I cannot read - I misread your post. Thanks for clarifying.

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
I'd get gold with a black border if it were an option. My current iPad has a white border and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

gold with black will not look good on big device like ipp. Maybe its good for smaller size devices like ipod or iphone 5s.

Reactions: arminta7

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
No. They want to sell as many as they can. Someone screwed up.

Wow, just wow. You are why people scalp new products. Couldn't you have just waited a week or two?

Yes, I payed $230, but it's the pre-order not coming until Nov 21st. This is not for my personal use. I use the Air 2 with the Apex rechargeable fine point stylus. My business decided to purchase the iPad Pro for our design team first and I'm in charge of the purchasing for our company. Our designers wanted to use the Apple Pencil, but wanted to test one out fully before making the large purchase on Apple's website.

Reactions: arminta7

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Yea I payed $230, but it's the pre-order not coming until Nov 21st. This is not for my personal use. I use the Air 2 with the Apex rechargeable fine point stylus. My business decided to purchase the iPad Pro for our design team first and I'm in charge of the purchasing for our company. Our designers wanted to use the Apple Pencil, but wanted to test one out fully before making the large purchase on Apple's website.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
I have noticed that best buy has not gotten their accessories shipment yet but they do have the ipad pros and smart covers available. This kinda tells me that they should be expecting a shipment in the next week. and I think ill also start going to best buy and asking every day since I work across the street from one.
Yeah mine has two shelves and tags for the pencil and keyboard, and several covers and cases. I am going to assume they'll get some in within the next 2 weeks.

K.

Hummyq

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2015
Yeah mine has two shelves and tags for the pencil and keyboard, and several covers and cases. I am going to assume they'll get some in within the next 2 weeks.

K.

My Best Buy said they are expecting a shipment next week on thursday with the Apple pencils and keyboards... I haven't seen anything setup for them yet though.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
My Best Buy said they are expecting a shipment next week on thursday with the Apple pencils and keyboards... I haven't seen anything setup for them yet though.
Thanks, and interesting. I suppose I'll call mine on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think that's when they get stuff, unfortunately my friend who was the Apple rep for this BB store is gone. I have no one on the inside anymore. lol

K.

ara-mia

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2015
Thanks, and interesting. I suppose I'll call mine on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think that's when they get stuff, unfortunately my friend who was the Apple rep for this BB store is gone. I have no one on the inside anymore. lol
I've been told by at least one BB employee that they won't be stocking the Pencils in any physical store locations until they're no longer marked as "Coming Soon" on the website. It might be worth calling the day the item page flips over, just to see if anyone's heard anything!

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Go to an Apple Store in the morning, speak with a manager, and say you'll wait all day until a Pencil comes in.

Someone also said the business team is holding Pencils for businesses, so speak with a business team member.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I find it bizarre that Apple didn't have a shed load of these pencils ready
for the iPP launch. At least as many available as the iPad itself which was not in any way in short supply as I bought one.
Maybe not the keyboard but the pencil is integral to the Pro and without it
a key component is missing. Glib solutions from the teashirts in the store to order online. No probs, just a 4 to 5 week wait. Pathetic!

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
what I find even more strange is that they have competitor products specific to the pro (logitech create smart keyboard specifically) available. I'm undecided if I want to keep it or get the keyboard and silicone case. I like that this covers the entire ipad but dislike that when its folded on top of the keyboard, the aluminum of the case and on the back of the ipad rub together. I doubt that it will cause much of an issue however I like to keep it as scratch free as possible. My local best buy has spots for the keyboard and pencil but nothing there. I was told by an employee that they expect some in this week. I also went in to my local apple store today and was told that when they get them in, they are going to be reserved for those that ordered online for in-store pickup first then when those are fullfilled, will be available to purchase as walk-in. I asked if they'd seen any at all pass through the strore and was told no, only the display units. I'm torn between the logitech or getting the silicone case and keyboard by apple. It's almost $400 extra if I get the 3 apple products.
I find it bizarre that Apple didn't have a shed load of these pencils ready
for the iPP launch. At least as many available as the iPad itself which was not in any way in short supply as I bought one.
Maybe not the keyboard but the pencil is integral to the Pro and without it
a key component is missing. Glib solutions from the teashirts in the store to order online. No probs, just a 4 to 5 week wait. Pathetic!

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
what I find even more strange is that they have competitor products specific to the pro (logitech create smart keyboard specifically) available. I'm undecided if I want to keep it or get the keyboard and silicone case. I like that this covers the entire ipad but dislike that when its folded on top of the keyboard, the aluminum of the case and on the back of the ipad rub together. I doubt that it will cause much of an issue however I like to keep it as scratch free as possible. My local best buy has spots for the keyboard and pencil but nothing there. I was told by an employee that they expect some in this week. I also went in to my local apple store today and was told that when they get them in, they are going to be reserved for those that ordered online for in-store pickup first then when those are fullfilled, will be available to purchase as walk-in. I asked if they'd seen any at all pass through the strore and was told no, only the display units. I'm torn between the logitech or getting the silicone case and keyboard by apple. It's almost $400 extra if I get the 3 apple products.

I got the silicone back and although very expensive it fits nice but I don't like the cutout on the lhs for the cover
to attach. Maybe not the cover but to allow it to slot into the keyboard. Heavy enough as it is without even thinking about sticking the cover on it aswell. This big beast will never leave the house so I don't need full protection just the silicone back to make it easier to hold.

Considerd the Logitech create as it looked very good in the box but all the reviews I read said it was a pain to
fit and was difficult to remove easily and it was heavy and bulky. Worked well but I have the Apple one on
order. Will probably get it with the pencil I ordered in a few weeks time if I can't pick them up in a store
before then.

hubieonekanubie

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Kansas
I had no issue fitting the Logitech create. Went on very easy and is secure. It also comes off easy. I took it off this morning to exchange what I had for a color I wanted more. The new one went on just as easily.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Was just at an Apple Store closest me, albeit an hour away, and they said they didn't even get shipments of pencils or keyboards. How ridiculous. Tried talking to a business team member as we actually own a business and no dice there either. How disappointing. Yet another s--tty product launch. Was hoping things would go up after the Apple Watch launch but good old Angela is really showing her skill. Or lack thereof.

Reactions: lewisd25

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I had no issue fitting the Logitech create. Went on very easy and is secure. It also comes off easy. I took it off this morning to exchange what I had for a color I wanted more. The new one went on just as easily.

Thank you. Interesting. May give it a try. I like the red version as it looks
good with the gold. Cheaper than the non existent Apple version!

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I think this ranks high on the Apple screwup list. Promising something, getting something else.

And then reading how people are going to stores threatening to wait all day. If you call no one has a clue as to whats going on, and they mostly give you bad info.

An official statement would be nice, thank you :)

Reactions: ideal.dreams

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
where did all the apple pencil went? i saw couple on auction on ebay rest is pre-order just like us. Not on amazon either. I read a thread here in macrumors that some people got it which means they made apple pencil or whoever is the manufacturer but why so less quantity. Did you made only 50-100 units or maybe less. Is its possible that the container drowned in the sea but if thats the case we might have heard about it. I hope there is no conspiracy against apple so people cant buy ipad pros's main accessory so they become disappointed and return ipp. I hope everything is okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.