Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Durandal7, Jul 6, 2002.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I can see users not logging in as much on July 4th, but now there is only about 50 users on at any time. There used to be about 100 users online most of the time. Where did everyone go?

2. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I'e been out at P A R T Y ' S! Gettin ever so slightly drunk, but I'm back now :p

4. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Let's be honest. The site just isn't as interesting as it used to be. Weather it be because of Apple's stronger grip on leaks, or just a weaning interest in Mac speculation - the rumors/discussion just aren't that "sexy" anymore. Say what you will about the iWalk, it was damn entertaining and everyone remembers it.

No G5's on the horizon, the new iMac has been unveiled, and Apple is cracking down on rumor sites. The Rumors Golden Age has given way to the Rumors Dark Ages (no fault of Arn's).

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I've been to busy playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein at around 11 at night (the usual time when I am posting online.) Those catacombs sure made me s**t in my pants the first time around. :D

6. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I've been at a concert since mid-day on the 4th...back now, sat night....not sober still, havent touched anything in a few hours either :D

I had fun ;)

wont really be around too much with work picking up now....thats whats happeneing to a lot of us lately...this work thing sucks

7. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm finally back from vacation...looking forward to seeing what happens in the next week.:)

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Next week will probably be very busy. I would imagine that the rumors will be in full swing. I think there has been less activity lately because some of us have had a lot going on in their lives. cleo on vacation, Duke and I working. Jello getting, well, we all know what jello does...drink....golf....drink...golf.... Eye has been busy, Ensign had the lighting strike. Tea is working, jello is working, all of us have just been real busy lately. That is all. It will pick back up.

9. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

10. job macrumors 68040

job

What rumors? :D :D

11. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

still check in a couple of times a day, to see if anything burns.
    But posting has been out of the question these last couple of months, 'cause of tooooo much work. But hey, you can't have it all

12. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: where I've been...

Well first off...I've been on a 4 day weekend...haven't worked since Wednesday...and haven't spent much time on the computer...

I normally spend about 15 hours a day in front of a computer...and I've spent probably a total of 3 in the past several days...

and it's been nice... ;)

plus...I'm doing all my normal stuff...have a few projects going on...and I've actually been going out a bunch with one of my buddies...

no worries though...Monday I turn back into a pumpkin... ;)

13. j763 macrumors 6502a

i've been busy recently working on the new ambitiouslemon.com and haven't really had time to surf around MR anymore, but that should change once we launch the new site :)

14. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

I blame APPLE

There havent been any interesting rumors, we have been posting mostly the same threads or ones on people's shoes and the the color of their laces, that kinda stuff.

I think that APPLEs BREAK DOWN on the rumor sites as chronicled of late.
    Indicates why there has been such a quiet time around here at a time when usually its packed with news or rumors.:)

APPLE has been on damage control, no leaks, nothing.

Why, well APPLE hates rumor sites, hates leaks, hates not having control.

So its been dry, dry , dry! No rumors and I doubt that there will be.

Even SPy MAc hasnt made up anything yet!

15. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: I blame APPLE

hehehe

good point ;)

16. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Re: I blame APPLE

I wish they would. I'm ::yawn:: bored...

17. King Cobra macrumors 603

Eck...spymac. I personally trust rumors from Macrumors, Apple news, and Cnet. These guys hardly ever bring up false rumors, especially these guys at Macrumors. :D

Yesterday, I was helping my parents work on the house in Sweden (yes, for almost the whole :eek:ing day) for the move there. I don't need to give the details about the day. But ask and I shall bore you! :D

I will tell you that afterwards the three of us used the last hours of the day in a really expensive, small, italian restaurant. The one real pain about last night was that there was a solid 30 to 40 minute wait between the appetizer (sp) and the main course. How bored I was!

Today I am back in full force. And I plan to stay that way for as long as I can.

18. job macrumors 68040

job

Me again. Just bored out of my mind. Made a couple of hundred dollars the other day. :yawn: Gad I'm bored. I wish the forums would wake up. :D

19. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Bored also!

The only hope that I have is that APPLE is creating this thick blanket of secrecy because there is soemthing very VERY exciting coming out this MWNY!

Of course to speculate without a single source of rumor would be futile.

If only SpyMac would do something stupid so that we could rant about them and how impossible whatever they say is!

20. job macrumors 68040

job

Well we could always start a couple of hundred "iWALK" threads in the main discussion forum and have them be shut down by eye. At least that would give us something to do. :D

21. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Too late, this guy beat you to it.:D

22. job macrumors 68040

job

Ah crap. :D

It would still give us something to do though. :D

23. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

you guys could go out and get a job ;)

Then you wont be so bored any more. hehe, you'll wish you were though

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

>this guy beat [us] to it.:D
    And, as a result, only a quarter of his threads have been closed!

Lately, it just seems as if the forums have been slow, but that happy-go-lucky (S)hit[onbliss] character sure made our day. Granted, I did have a case or two ready, but they got warm on me, as I mentioned.

As for the iWalk threads, didn't Steve Jobs himself register and say that such a name was ridiculous? I'm pretty sure he did, just before the San Fransisco Expo.

25. King Cobra macrumors 603

>Then you wont be so bored any more. hehe, you'll wish you were though [/B][/QUOTE]
    So you are saying that once you get bored with the rumors we'll have to get a job? Then once we get a job we'll be bored and want to go on Macrumors? That sounds like a plan! :D

Well, somebody bring up an intelligent topic! I think I will since so many of you are bored....